What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks. I didn't see the usefullness of the heating strip out in mid air like it is.
It's probably supposed to fit in the groove on the side, but it can come loose.
I didn't really notice where mine was, but right now the pond is non iced. The few times we had ice on the pond the breather was working well. But I will check where the heating strip is when we get home. My house sitters are keeping a check on the pond for me.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
opps just check, we have a light layer of ice on it.

pond2.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
We have had great temps here the last few days. Upper 50s which is pretty unusual this time of year. Took advantage of the temps and vaccumed the bottom of the pond today and did a small water change. I still have 2 leopard frogs and 1 bull frog in the pond. Hoping they don't get hungry any time soon and eat my young ones. :) Fish were swimming around more also. Only 1 more warm day and then colder again. I unplugged my heater earlier in the week. I think I have too many lilies. I think a forth of my pond bottom is covered in lily pots! It was a good day tinkering around the pond again. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No ice on my pond but temps are dropping again. @haver79 50 temps would be nice here but not happening yet. My fish are mostly in the statue mode now hardly swimming much.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Warmer wherever you are Red cuz we are heading up slowly to 44 now. Blue skies opening up too. If one cloud will get outta the way we would have some sun!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
No ice on my pond but temps are dropping again. @haver79 50 temps would be nice here but not happening yet. My fish are mostly in the statue mode now hardly swimming much.
Bet you will be seeing those 50 temps soon JW. It was a nice break as we had a very cold November. Heading back down to 30s for highs the rest of the week. Bye Bye warmth. :(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wonder if you will even have a winter this year JB? It looks so nice there w/just a very small amt of ice.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I wonder if you will even have a winter this year JB?

Oh yeah, winter is guaranteed living here. Even our mild winters bring us 30"+ of snow. January and February are always the worst months. I wont be looking forward to it. Just trying to remember Spring is here in just 3 short months.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like that show too sissy. They find some pretty cool things but some stuff I can't believe how much they pay for. It can look like trash to us but a gold mine to them.

Ask a Question