What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds I agree I would rather have this snow and cold w/ the beautiful sun any day rather than dreary rain and clouds! I have really been enjoying my walks w/ the snow covered trees..............it's so cool in more ways then one but I just bundle up good and off I go. Even got hubby to go w/me yesterday. He took a short cut home after about a mile or so and I kept going. Think I walked over 10 miles as I just didn't want to quit. Course I felt it later on that night. Here is hubby walking ahead of me while I snap the pix.
IMG_6243.JPG

Ebby Mountain

IMG_6248.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds I agree I would rather have this snow and cold w/ the beautiful sun any day rather than dreary rain and clouds! I have really been enjoying my walks w/ the snow covered trees..............it's so cool in more ways then one but I just bundle up good and off I go. Even got hubby to go w/me yesterday. He took a short cut home after about a mile or so and I kept going. Think I walked over 10 miles as I just didn't want to quit. Course I felt it later on that night. Here is hubby walking ahead of me while I snap the pix.
View attachment 77404
Ebby Mountain

View attachment 77405
Beautiful shots! It didn't snow much down here. What we had has already melted. :(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks and Wow Red you got jipped! Snow still on all the trees and ground here but not the streets which makes it nice for walking.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gonna be interesting to see how all the pond breathers do for all you frozen winter folks this year. Seems they are quite popular.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Also took a short video.

Gonna be interesting to see how all the pond breathers do for all you frozen winter folks this year. Seems they are quite popular.

I'm excited to see how well it works and if my baby fish and frogs turn up alive in Spring. So far, winter has been one of the most confusing things as far as my pond goes, maybe this will be the answer. If it works out I may even consider leaving my fish out next winter, although I do love being able to see them inside all winter.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So that pond breather plugs in and looks like it creates some kind of little bubbles that bubble up inside it. Interesting contraption.

Reaction score
Here's a little something to warm everyone up. Took this at about 9am this morning. My lilies are doing great!]

I'm kind of impressed you can't really see my net in this picture. Its all balled up on the deck, but that's all you can see. I have not decided how to finally install it yet and there is a pond expansion in the works, so I'm doing anything permanent yet.

View attachment 77070

Here is my small front pond this morning. The weird metal cage thing is to hold the net up, again its just temp, till I work something out.

View attachment 77071

View attachment 77072
I love that little pond! I have acquired a peanut shaped one that I am designing the mechanics and landscaping this winter. Hope to keep a few minnows in. I see a clay pot, is that a home for toads?

Reaction score
Reaction score
I love that little pond! I have acquired a peanut shaped one that I am designing the mechanics and landscaping this winter. Hope to keep a few minnows in. I see a clay pot, is that a home for toads?

Thanks! I love how its filling in.

The clay pot is just for color. Its a broken pot that holds the tubing in place.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So that pond breather plugs in and looks like it creates some kind of little bubbles that bubble up inside it. Interesting contraption.

It has a small pump that sits underwater and sucks the water up into a constant trickle in the clear area above the water. that's where the gases release and oxygen enters. I really wasn't completely sure how it would work but now that I see it in action I understand it much better.

Reaction score
Amazed at how clear the water is at 10 p.m. tonight, air temp 29, water temp 34. I don't think these pictures show how clear I see the water with my eye. I can pick out a few stray leaves at the bottom when standing at the edge. I love cleaning what ever I can
IMG_1984.JPG
IMG_2001.JPG
every Sunday. I can't wait to vacuum in the spring!!
I have some string algae growing but I'm o.k. with that because my water readings are great. Using Microbe Lift Koi Clay also.
IMG_1977.JPG

Ask a Question