What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When we have ice mine looks the same, I think it is due to the movement of the water in the breather, adding air to it. The rest of the ice just froze without water movement

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So cold outside that I've been inside for most of the last week, so I found an excuse to go outside for a minute and shoot this short pond video.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your pond is breathing just fine. Somebody must be making a ton of money on those pond breather deals for all you frigid buggers east of here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty Red! So glad we are not freezing, well actually we kinda are dipping down out here in Arlington at night to freezing but we just wake up to some frost which quickly melts away. I kind of enjoy the fog on my walks. It is quite mysterious and I do love a good mystery. All good mystery movies need fog in them :wideyed:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JB, how do you like the pond breather & where did you get it?

I have no complaints so far, the thing just keeps on breathing. :) With the windchills in the -30°s the past two nights, it's made it through the coldest weather we usually ever see. I just keep the snow cleared around it and its been going great. I got mine at Farm & Fleet for $53. I'll be interested/nervous to see if the frogs and baby fish survive, but if they don't, the Pond Breather won't be to blame.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ponddigger and i were talking rocks and he has a Cali. shaped rock at the new pond he built for Rosemary and had to show him my NJ one and he wanted to see the view from my pond .He is addicted to rocks like the rest of us .But guess that is all ponders vice

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have lots of nice property there sissy and everything is set up just like you want it. It's quite a peaceful setting and I can hear all the birds singing in the background. I can see why you love it there. I remember your New Jersey rock from a while back. Pretty cool find!

Ask a Question