What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
55 today and they said 50 .I started my filters up again after I used the net to scoop up some fish poo. I trimmed sucker branches and upward growing branches out of 3 of my bradford pear trees and still have 3 to go and then all my trees will be done .Takes so long to do it .I use a pole pruner and a anvil pruner and use my ladder to clean out the inside of the trees so they can grow better and get good air flow .A woman's work is never done :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Some of you think it is Summer........well guess what it's not. Would be nice if we fooled all those weather dudes tho and it turned out to be the mildest winter ever. Remember they said it was going to be a really cold one this year? So far.............NOT!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wondering if they will ever be completely right about what old man winter will do and what mother nature will let him get away with :);)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Remember they said it was going to be a really cold one this year? So far.............NOT!

I'll never buy into any of that. They make general statements like "It's going to be a cold winter in the US" and then when its not, they focus on the areas where temperatures were below average and say they got it right, even if most of the country was warmer than average.

I know a meteorologist that always says reasonable accuracy of forecast is within 4 days, 7 days can be semi-accurate, 14 can show trends, but not accurate temps or weather systems, and beyond that is unpredictable. A lot more tv stations are requiring their meteorologists to use 10-14 day forecasts even though its completely inaccurate past 6 or 7 days, and they get away with it because people always want to know what its going to be two thursdays from now, whether it's accurate or not.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a wild wind storm we had last night. It felt like the wind was going to blow the chimney off the house! Still blowing some now but slacking off. Lost power for about 2 hours. Warm tho at 50.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are having a warm spell right now! Temperature is currently 41 degrees Fahrenheit! February can be brutal cold and March can be just as bad.... although some years March I was planting Panzies!
In other words who the heck knows until it is over...................

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Farmers are not happy here .They want snow to help there fields .We are supposed to warm all week and the wind got real bad yesterday around 3 pm ,I could not even control the pole pruner .But at least I got that done .Have to mow the lawn again soon .Poor little chi's ,you have to feel sorry for them in the high grass spots in the back yard .They start running and then trip and fall into a clump of taller grass .

Ask a Question