What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
.I told my sisters that is it .But they both keep giving me hints about there bathrooms .I

Take a few year break Sissy. We do a ton of remodeling and it is darn exhausting. And to build the boxes for the cabinets for a kitchen and all that is involved, no wonder you are exhausted.

We both promise each other we are done with major tear outs and rebuilds. Now we need to catch up the house we live in...............

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like to have more white fish or shubbies in the mix but I have what I have and it's fine. I started out w/12 feeder fish and added a few shubbies and red/white fish and don't know where the solid white ones came from. Guess somewhere in the breeding.

I have an all white goldfish who was orange with a bit of white when I first got her.

Over time she changed a lot

IMG_1476 (2).JPG

She is the all white fish in the first picture and she is the orange and white top left in the second picure.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond breather looks like it's working well addy.
This winter I used some zip ties to keep the heating strip tight against the "aeration tube" I'll call it.
It may not be necessary for your climate, just a fyi.

Thanks I will keep that in mind, so far all looks fine. We never get as bad as you do, well at least so far the polar vortex has not hit us that hard.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Got my breather the other day, and today was mild enough that I was able to get a hole in the ice to install it. Unfortunately, the leaf net now has a hole in it as the leaves sank it to water level, where it froze in the ice. C'est la vie (that's French, 'cause chicks dig it when I talk French).

It's running.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@sissy boy you sure do have a lot of ambition is all I can say and you do such wonderful work!

I love all my fishies, just wish I had a bigger pond so I could add more colors. @bettasngoldfish I have some oj and white ones that look like that one of yours. They look like the oj color is falling off. Guess they will turn white also. Good cuz the while ones show nice in the dark water too.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have an all white goldfish who was orange with a bit of white when I first got her.

I had two fish turn all white this year, plus a new baby is all white so I went from no all-white fish to three all-white fish. One had my favorite pattern, so I was disappointed. I suppose technically it's not "all" white, it has a yellowish head.

DSCN6338_2.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It's been very warm here, in the 70s yesterday and 60s today so my fish have been having a good time out.

Realized two of my fish are missing.. probably dead but I couldnt find the body! One is just a sarasa with white body and red on its head (like a koi) and one is my pretty Watonai :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My pond is small and have very few hiding places, very little plants and all died back already anyway.

The day that I was forced to re-fill my pond (the water was diverted out from the pond by leaves) all the fish came out but those two. I cleaned the pond that day and I would've scared them out if they were hiding. Then the past 2-3 days that all the fish came out they were nowhere to be found so I know they are missing for good :(

I wish they are just hiding though. Last year I lost one fish like this too, just vanished, before the freeze.. I thought he was just hiding but then in spring I re-arranged the whole pond and still couldn't find him so I know he's just gone.

Ask a Question