What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Big Lou, yes it's ridiculous. I know this arctic air mass is affecting almost everyone but 4 weeks ago it was 60 degrees warmer here and we are 30 degrees below normal temps. This is the same view of the pond on Oct. 20th
IMG_20141020_123821_877.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were at 67 degrees (maryland) 7 days ago, 18 today, high of 26 maybe later. No snow yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
yes, you have to watch things like that, it can make a lot of water seep out over and out of the pond! Good thing you caught it on time!
I'm actually glad I was home for that. I now turned off the waterfall pump and leaving one pump that pump the water to my 2 container bogs that's in the pond so no way the water get divert anywhere ;) I'm going to keep that pump on all winter I think.

Reaction score
Here's a little something to warm everyone up. Took this at about 9am this morning. My lilies are doing great!]

I'm kind of impressed you can't really see my net in this picture. Its all balled up on the deck, but that's all you can see. I have not decided how to finally install it yet and there is a pond expansion in the works, so I'm doing anything permanent yet.

pond 1.jpg

Here is my small front pond this morning. The weird metal cage thing is to hold the net up, again its just temp, till I work something out.

small pond 1.jpg

small pond.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
  • I see that!! :p
I got about the same amout of ice on my bottom pond too. Puppies have been walking on that pond. I tried to melt it yesterday but lots re froze today.. there is still open holes created naturally by water movement. I just keep very small fish in bottom pond.

Ask a Question