What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This morning at almost 9am the pond has more ice on it. See the white swirly stuff? That is the edge of the ice curving around under the shaded area...............brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
IMG_6203.JPG

IMG_6202.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Picky, picky Lou.........you want not too hot, no wind and no leaves falling. Sounds like you want the garden of Eden. You ready to go to Heaven in the next pickup load? I didn't think so

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The ice is starting to overtake the water flow from my pump. not good news if I need to clean the prefilter out in a couple days. Wouldn't be an issue if we had normal weather, but it has been bitterly cold. Never expected ice this thick in November. Just have to wait for this weekend when we may see 40 degrees again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My pond lost almost all water yesterday due to the leaves that fell in the pond diverted the water away.

So I cleaned the leaves and had to fill the pond - the water from the tap was warmer than the pond but yesterday the weather was 65F and raining so it wasn't that bad. the fish loved the new water.

Then last night the temperature dropped to 25F (water not frozen, pumps still running) - the fish are hiding so hopefully they are ok with the large swing of the water temperature like that :(

I need to get water thermometer...

Ask a Question