What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Here it is, the eye fell off again and I can't remember if I put it with my garden stuff for next year's work or if it has been swept away with the powerful leaf blower!!!
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
It could still be in the ground cover somewhere so I will find it in the spring when everything is flat on the ground. If not I'll make a patch and it will become the pirate tree!!!
Does my son look like a tree with out a face?
IMG_1912.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The tree looks like it has a natural eye in the bark!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
About half the surface has a thin layer of ice on it. Pump is keeping the other half open. warmest temp in the next week is 32 so that sheet of ice will get a little thicker.

DSCN7498.jpg

DSCN7500.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
JB winter is here to stay for a good long while now. Sure seems like it hit awfully fast this year. I think we are all prepared now tho w/ all our ponds cleaned up and contraptions all set up to keep the fish safe. The ice pictures are starting to appear now.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JB winter is here to stay for a good long while now. Sure seems like it hit awfully fast this year.

We've had years where it hits early but then it warms up early too.. I'm really, really hoping that is the case! Probably not, but I can hope!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here we don't usually get hit this soon w/ freezing temps and ice but ice was on all the bird bathes. Had to pull them down and wash them all and put away so they don't crack. Hope this winter we don't get temps down in the minus range. Too cold for me! I'm all for an early warm Spring..............like maybe starting tomorrow :joyful:

Ask a Question