What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Most of the green in my pond pics is reflected color on the water's surface from tall firs, cedars etc. around our pond. The gunite (concrete) sides and bottom do have a nice trimmed carpet of dark green, though. No wonder Washington State's motto is "The Evergreen State"! Our japanese maple is finally turning red anyhow...

View attachment 76784
Geez so pretty!!!! Still love the green inside and out!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
you should look for a small maple by your pond!!!
I would want to take out the tree that's there now before I added more leaf throwers. Although it would look really pretty against my fence.
Really trust me, I'm not trying to push sex drugs!!!
At least the sex and drugs would be cheaper!! LOL :greedy::joyful:;)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It that a deeper hole, like for a plant, in the center of the fish? Or is it a shadow?
I believe that's our bottom drain you're refering to, @Lisaebetten. It's about 4.5 ft. down and has a black pool drain cover over it. We thought it would blend in better then a white drain cover. Too bad we couldn't find a dark green cover - it would have been perfect!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It's out of focus from low light, but here's moonlight over our pond at 5:15 this morning.

image.jpg
image.jpg
It was awesome! Low light pics don't do it justice.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful picture Red. Do you have the fog there now? We have it but the sun is trying to appear slowly. Looks like it's going to be a nice day but a bit cooler. At least that rain and wind is gone.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
No fog down here this morning - just bright sun, thank you very much! Very nice change after this week's icky weather.
Beautiful picture Red. Do you have the fog there now? We have it but the sun is trying to appear slowly. Looks like it's going to be a nice day but a bit cooler. At least that rain and wind is gone.
image.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Very nice, @JBtheExplorer! I look forward to some great Wisconsin snow shots from you this coming winter. We have family in Milwaukee and Chicago, so I know firsthand what your winters can bring. It was cold and snowy last Christmas when we visited, but a couple years before that, it was sweatshirt weather in Chicago for the holidays. I hope it's not another really cold one for you this year. Stay warm!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'm so tickled. Look what I found today. It's a tree face!
He's going to go on the tree that sits right in front of the pond. I love the face.. HeeeheeeeView attachment 76825
Very cool! Could you flip the eyes over, so he has eyebrow instead of bags? He looks like me taking pictures at 5:00 am! Just a thought - it will look great either way. Post picks when it's up! :geek:

Ask a Question