What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I hope it's not another really cold one for you this year. Stay warm!

I hope its not either! We've got a bitterly cold week coming up now. We'll "bitterly" being relative to this time of year. I hear most of the US is being affected to some extent. We may even see our first snow on Tuesday. yikes!

EDIT: I just looked up the weather again and saw it may be as cold as 12 degrees on Thursday! scary!

Last edited:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finally turned off the bog and waterfall and took the hoses out. Pump will remain in until I get an aerator.

DSCN7480.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think you might need to get that aerator pretty quick like if you are trying to beat the freeze JB.

Old man winter is on his way

Reaction score
I'm so tickled. Look what I found today. It's a tree face!
He's going to go on the tree that sits right in front of the pond. I love the face.. HeeeheeeeView attachment 76825
I have the same face!!! on my tree that is!!! The eyes are upside down in your pic, he should have bark eyelids. I will post a pic soon. I think one of the eyes fell off again so my face is winking!!! I love mine.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
image.jpg
I finally removed the last of our water hyacinth for the year. All total, it amounted to ten 5 gal. buckets full. I pulled out a few buckets at a time over the last month, removing it in stages so the baby fish hiding beneath wouldn't be prematurely evicted. The hyacinth did well anchored beneath 3-6 in. river rock. Removing the labyrinth of roots bound to the rocks was a challenge, but I finally got most all of it. Here's some before and after views (the "before" pics were from August).
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
Seconded! Please post a pic or two.
I will get some pics tomorrow! My tree is perfect as it has 2 large trunks that look just like arms. When the leaves are on it has a nice green hair do!!! I have had this face for at least 10 years. 1/2 the little kids that see it are scared and the other 1/2 love it and give it a name.

Ask a Question