What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hope not also but that is what it says .The polar vortex was the worst ,at least now I have a new heat pump with an HSPF of 9.50 and a seer of 19

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
moved some plants around in my bog today. Basically preparing it for Spring so the plants pop up in the spots I want them to.

DSCN6509.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is weird. My water hyacinth turned yellow/brown back in June. They really should've been thrown away months ago, but I left them in. Last week I noticed one of them was turning green... Today out of nowhere, it bloomed.
DSCN6517.jpg

...and this isn't in my pond area, but I wanted to share anyway. I grew an "Autumn Beauty" sunflower. I've never attempted growing one before, so I was happy to see it bloom.
DSCN6519.jpg

and here's a big ol' spider on it eating lunch.
DSCN6521.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think there are a lot of people hoping the almanac is wrong but I look out and see trees turning colors already ,that does not happen until the end of September or the middle of October .I have never seen them turn in August and I have seen it already for over a week .This is way to early .:(When I went up to Hillsville yesterday you could see it there also and people were talking about it also .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think there are a lot of people hoping the almanac is wrong but I look out and see trees turning colors already ,that does not happen until the end of September or the middle of October .I have never seen them turn in August and I have seen it already for over a week .

Maybe that means Wisconsin will have a normal winter, because our leaves are right on schedule. Usually they only change colors early around here after a really hot summer. As far as the almanac... well, I have my own opinions on that. :LOL:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They were right last year but also weather channel says the same thing .So I am preparing just in case they are right .I thought they were crazy last year and now not so much .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think there are a lot of people hoping the almanac is wrong but I look out and see trees turning colors already ,that does not happen until the end of September or the middle of October .I have never seen them turn in August and I have seen it already for over a week .This is way to early .:(When I went up to Hillsville yesterday you could see it there also and people were talking about it also .
I have been thinking the exact same thing the last 3 or 4 days. Not a good sign.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We never get anything too drastic one way or the other so I'm not really worried about our boring weather. A little drama now and then would be nice as long as we get to live through it all :joyful:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have to say I keep a record of Christmas day temps on my puter and the first Christmas I was here it was 80 degrees and last Christmas it 60 degrees it has gone down in temps every Christmas .

Reaction score
The pond looked great today decided to take a video and share. Recently i have been clearing what trees i can and also focusing on re-naturalizing the pond and edges. I have also been digging and clearing space at the top for another stock tank filter that will fall into the stream im remaking. Then will cross under the bridge into the river pond and off the fall.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All looks wonderfully natural,clear and such pretty fish you have and all different types. Love it!

Ask a Question