What does your pond look like ... Today?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This morning's view. I am hoping to pot the grasses and rush this weekend. It sounds and looks so much better now.
And sissy, what's killing your kermits?

Attachments

• pond6.jpg
    pond6.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 214
  • pond7.jpg
    pond7.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 222

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@tbendl your pond is looking just lovely and w/all the pretty plants you are adding it will look even better. Since no fish poo in your pond I would be tempted on a hot day to jump in and go for a swim

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I thought about it, doing a natural swimming pool set up but the water gets too hot. I've only had water in it since the 1st and already it's warmer than bathwater.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wait you are in Mississippi and you would have to make sure no snakes hiding in there either. No snakes here except gardner snakes. Never thought of the water getting too warm,lol................we don't have that nice problem here :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My koi aggie kills the frogs .I have seen her do it for years now .She sucks them in and spits them out with no insides in the frog .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I HADN'T THOUGHT ABOUT SNAKES UNTIL NOW!!!! Lol, How am I supposed to get in there tomorrow now without being freaked out about snakes....
And sissy, wow, I had no idea fish would do that. It must be like a push up Popsicle to them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
7 years of aggie killing frogs ,that is why I built the lotus lily pond .Hoping to keep them away and then I catch them and take them to a new home .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
my lilies are doing real bad.. probably not enough nutrient or something... my container bogs must've done something right...

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nepen, do you fertilize them at all? All of the advice I've gotten is that they need fertilizer of some sort. I just bought some Osmocote to put in with my lily. I also bought some fertilizer sticks that sissy recommended, although the sticks aren't for the lilies, they are for the other plants in my pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use the sticks in my lilies and lotus also .The other stuff is really hard to put in the pot and can get released into the pond to feed the algae .My season does not end until December most years and I mowed last year december 18th last year .But come January the winter sets in

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh, my mistake, I didn't know you could use them for the lilies as well. That's good to know since the package I bought was $1 and the Osmocote is way more expensive. :D

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The dollar stores carry them but i thought the price was great for 50 of them at lowes .

Ask a Question