What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My season does not end until December most years and I mowed last year december 18th last year .But come January the winter sets in

My season came to an end mid-October last year. Temps were getting too cold at night so fish were moved indoors, two days later there was a thin layer of ice...
I don't know if I'll be that lucky to keep them out that long this year since it's been cool all summer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This past winter was weird we started out normal and the the polar vortex hit .Makes me wonder about this winter also .We had a hot summer though .We also had a late spring frost ,right after my fruit trees blossomed so hardly no fruit .:(

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Fountain grass in the late afternoon sun today:

image.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Fall is coming and I already had a few leaves that fell in pond here and there. Summer is just way too short here... should move down to where Sissy is and then I could have summer much longer! Sorry to hear about your froggies Sissy, but those big fish gotta eat too! :wtf: Yuk Frog insides!

Today in Canada

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
forgot to ask any one seen the farmers almanac for 2015 .I got it last week and it says this winter is going to be worse than last winter .WAY WORSE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
forgot to ask any one seen the farmers almanac for 2015 .I got it last week and it says this winter is going to be worse than last winter .WAY WORSE
Oh I hope that is not true Sissy! I thought that last year was a good test to how the pond would do during winter and that we wouldn't see another one of those for awhile.
I hope they are wrong in their prediction.

Ask a Question