What does your pond look like ... Today?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
forgot to ask any one seen the farmers almanac for 2015 .I got it last week and it says this winter is going to be worse than last winter .WAY WORSE

Fear Mongering!!! ha ha ha, I am scared 4 my life!!!! Snow is not far away... we have snow in Southern Alberta!!!! Lets hope it does not get to me!!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I just wanted to state for the record, that come winter, when everyone is posting snow pictures of their ponds, I plan on posting a bunch of neiner neiner pictures of my snowless backyard. I just wanted to throw that out there. (I'm pretty certain that I have now angered the snow Gods and will be dumped on this winter).
Let the games begin...

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Cooler (low 60s) here today and overcast. I spread a yard of river gravel around our bead filter and stream bank over the warm weekend, so the cool down is nice.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy there's that tempting beautiful trout again! I keep telling myself it is your lovely pet and not there for pan frying coated w/a yummy crust and sizzling butter and a dash of salt and pepper. Don't worry it's all in fun Red :D
By the way do you fish for food, not at your pond of course, but out in the wild? We do but since I've had my pond w/fish over the years I look at the fish in the pan w/ guilt at times :(

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Oh boy there's that tempting beautiful trout again! I keep telling myself it is your lovely pet and not there for pan frying coated w/a yummy crust and sizzling butter and a dash of salt and pepper. Don't worry it's all in fun Red :D
By the way do you fish for food, not at your pond of course, but out in the wild? We do but since I've had my pond w/fish over the years I look at the fish in the pan w/ guilt at times :(
They would be tasty @j.w - they're pampered like those Kobe beef cows! I couldn't do it though. It would be like having a chicken, cow or pig as a pet - they're delicious but I'd become attached. As for fishing, I'm an avid life-long fly fisher. I release most of my catch but love to smoke a small batch each summer. Here's our fishing boat with my dad posing. He's almost 90 years old but still spry and a real ham. :rolleyes:
image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He is a cutie alright and he looks like he's got an awfully good sense of humor which is my kind of a man. Gotta love to laugh!

Hey what lake is that in the 2nd photo? The top lake looks like it's in Eastern Wa. We used to fish over there lots in the rivers. Used to go Salmon fishing every year at Lake Wenatchee when it was shore to shore full of boats. Boy was that good salmon. Need to start up fishing again.
Some old photo's from long ago.

My hubby, daughter and 1st grand daughter.
IMG_0593.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Wonderful colors, @JBtheExplorer! :cool:

@j.w : Yes, the first pic is a small cove on Blue Lake in eastern Wa., in the Sun Lakes chain south of Grand Coulee dam. The second pic is on the north shore of Lake Washington, near our home. Great family vacation shot, by the way. :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow JB the frog picture is very neat and the pond looks lovely all lit up like that.
and HOLY HECK, I woke up this morning to clear water in my pond. I can see the bottom... Was doing a little happy dance at the edge when the hubby came out. He may be fitting me for a straight jacket later today but WOW was I tickled.

Last edited:

Ask a Question