What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
My pond has been water lettuce 80% more or less from mid June to now and I'm still leaving it in there so it reproduces until last frost which is close enough. I imagine it definitely helps with nutrients though, especially in summer cause that's when people feed a lot (including me). Water hyacinth definitely doesn't like shade though, that's what I can tell cause it's not spreading that much. I basically scoop out a ton of water lettuce every 2-3 weeks, drop it near some shrubs, interestingly enough in that same period it's more or less gone, I imagine worms and slugs love that nutrient packed water lettuce...

My water lilies on the other hand sort of started waning after their blooms, still have a decent amount of leaves but they are smaller compared to mid July... although mid July is 36-40c daily so not such a great comparison because the plants love that heat.

Still waiting for algae to cover all the liner, I can still make it out, perhaps that'll be this winter.

Ask a Question