What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn deer yanked out three of my big tubers, nice large beautiful blooms.

Put the tubers back in the water may not make it. No growth no roots

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well,I tried 2 times to get the liner fixed. Keeps pulling away. I can't bend anymore to redo it,so think it stays. Waiting for frogs and toads to find it

Attachments

• 20240630_150201.jpg
    20240630_150201.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Water lettuce growing very well and reproducing very fast, Hornwort went from a small patch to covering the whole pond in a matter of few weeks, don't mind it to be honest. Bog seems to be working well, plants are growing, fish are happy and the lily's about to rise to the surface which I am very happy about and a great surprise.
IMG_9501.jpg

Though I don't have many plants on this margin, most of these taller grasses simply do not like shade it seems. They'll grow but they end up floppy. Thinking I might add some marginal Carex grasses, I have seen people talk about it here and I use it extensively in the garden because nothing beats an evergreen like that, but I have not tried it on margins. I've got Carex riparia in bog but it's in the name.

Iris's a bit disappointing, but that may be cause many of these margins are just big rocks and so I guess the roots don't have much to hold on to?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You all know I like planes, so for fun I added a mini airport windsock. Also, an F-35 flew over yesterday on its way to various parades around Wisconsin. I would have seen it if it weren't for the low cloud layer.

IMG_2751 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm not fond of them....they eat my fish.

Surprisingly I've only seen it happen once here - and I actually saved the fish!

Yesterday I was watching one of my fish pick at the front of a bullfrog and thought it was really tempting fate there. But the frog just got annoyed and swam away.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Surprisingly I've only seen it happen once here - and I actually saved the fish!

Yesterday I was watching one of my fish pick at the front of a bullfrog and thought it was really tempting fate there. But the frog just got annoyed and swam away.
probably snagged a different fish before you started watching!

Ask a Question