What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Taken a couple of days ago. Does that count?

Garden HDR004-2.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I thought my fellow ponders would appreciate this - since we all love rocks and filtration; today we had a yard of 6 to 8 inch river cobble delivered to place around the pond, stream etc... I also installed an additional filter behind our waterfall last weekend, to aid waste removal. My back is gonna pay for moving all those rocks to the back yard but it will be worth it. :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It's a 36 in. bead vortex filter. The styrofoam beads provide a moving and stationary medium for biofiltration but we have it primarily for water polishing. The pressurized cyclonic action collects suspended particulate our trout can churn up - i.e. poop and other organics.

Last edited:

Imatation Crab

800 gallon pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Just got back from Sanibel Florida, and the pond is teeming with life! Last month I caught 2 Blackstriped Topminnows from a local creek now I have around 20. The turtle now comes up to feed just like the fish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 221

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just got back from Sanibel Florida, and the pond is teeming with life! Last month I caught 2 Blackstriped Topminnows from a local creek now I have around 20. The turtle now comes up to feed just like the fish.
Very cool , Imatation Crab! (y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lots of nice rocks there @Troutredds and looks like a nice filter you have acquired. I wish I would have made a stream and a bog and yada, yada, yada. Maybe next time or next house cuz we are gonna move someday if we can sell this place and then I will really have some great ideas for building a nice huge pond w/ all the frills!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love the turtle. Hopefully one will show up here at some pont

Reaction score
Ya
I thought my fellow ponders would appreciate this - since we all love rocks and filtration; today we had a yard of 6 to 8 inch river cobble delivered to place around the pond, stream etc... I also installed an additional filter behind our waterfall last weekend, to aid waste removal. My back is gonna pay for moving all those rocks to the back yard but it will be worth it.
Yay Rock!! Very nice redd

Reaction score
Already wanting to extend the big pond and run a small stream from the small baby pond to the big one. Just not sure how to break it to hubby ha! :D
Took a pick of the bog today, most of the flowering plants are done except this one addy gave me a start of, has a squarish stem, very pretty.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Gonna have to do some major thinning, look like a jungle!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Lots of nice rocks there @Troutredds and looks like a nice filter you have acquired. I wish I would have made a stream and a bog and yada, yada, yada. Maybe next time or next house cuz we are gonna move someday if we can sell this place and then I will really have some great ideas for building a nice huge pond w/ all the frills!
Thanks for your kind words, j.w and Fishylove. :happy:How the heck do you "tag" someone in a post? I understand the concept but have no clue how to do it. Do you just put the @ sign in front of a member's name?

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Already wanting to extend the big pond and run a small stream from the small baby pond to the big one. Just not sure how to break it to hubby ha! :D
Took a pick of the bog today, most of the flowering plants are done except this one addy gave me a start of, has a squarish stem, very pretty.
View attachment 73872
View attachment 73873
Gonna have to do some major thinning, look like a jungle!
Very lush and healthy, Fishylove! (y)

Ask a Question