What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix JB and wow I have never witnessed any of my fish from start to finish doing that transformation. I have about 4 of those white fish and some of the oj/white ones. Guess some more of mine will turn also. I have some big ones that are oj/white that I assume will never turn white since they are so big. Wonder why they change like that from oj to white?

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Water falling here:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Underwater.
DSCN6386.jpg

and if you guys love hummingbirds I highly recommend Mexican Sunflowers. You can buy them as seed very cheap and its the easiest plant I've grown. They're annuals, but easy to collect the seeds and replant in Spring. They get huge; well over a foot above its 4'-6' height. I see hummingbirds at it all the time. They don't even glance at the hummingbird feeder next to it.
DSCN6349.jpg

Next year I'm going to plant a row of them, though outside of the pond area since they're so massive.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat plant that Mexican Sunflower, I really like it and I'll check around to see if I can find it here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bet it will look even nicer then it already does w/ the nice plants in there. Oh I love your big palm tree by your pond! I can't see the top but love what I see of the trunk.
I love palm trees.............can you tell?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Lou I'm going to buy them from a local source here in Las Vegas. The people who are redoing my pond also have a large koi and plant garden; this is a huge operation here. So I'm getting The plants and a couple more clay fish from them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Gloria K. wow that is a nice big beautiful palm! I have a Chinese Windmill palm growing next to my pond but I started it from a seed I found at the zoo here. It's been growing for a few years now and is only about 3 ft tall now. Have to grow the cold hardy ones here as the Mexican Fan ones don't survive.
IMG_6161.JPG

Ask a Question