What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
My pond this morning in Sandusky Ohio. Still waiting for frogs to show up at my pond for the first time.
IMG_1534.jpg

I hope they are not showing up because i have so many of THESE!
10452835_10152480952740935_7069901071439831221_o.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Uh oh they would be wise to not show up me thinks :eek:
You need some snake deterrent around your pond area. Keep those snakes in the garden tho as they are a good thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'm leaving for vacation for a week, so I added this little guy to the pond to feed the fish. Amazon reviews say this POND feeder isn't waterproof, so I put a bag over it. I tested it out last night, and it fed great. It'll feed the times a day while I'm gone.

20140726_093256-XL.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Max wondering too about the spout where the food comes out if it gets wet won't the food stick to it and create a dam? Wonder if you should build a cover out of something to keep the whole thing dry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Well, my pond is a mess today:( A big branch came off a tree in a storm and came crashing into the pond....ripping through lilies and my pretty floating plant nets:(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bummer Tula! Now you got some fixin to do. You'll have it back up and looking nice again in not time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Max, I would be concerned about the plastic bag causing the container of food to sweat and possibly causing the food to mold.
Max wondering too about the spout where the food comes out if it gets wet won't the food stick to it and create a dam? Wonder if you should build a cover out of something to keep the whole thing dry.

Both great thoughts... but I put it in hours before leaving. I'm relaxing at the beach with a cold beverage in hand. Worrying about my pond is not on the agenda for today!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And even if it clogs your fish will be fine w/o food. I didn't feed my goldfish for years. They ate whatever fell or flew over the pond just fine. And they will be really glad to see you when you return home :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Yep. Maybe if the feeder gets clogged it will be a good thing... they'll do a better job of cleaning up the algaewhile I'm gone!

Ask a Question