What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice pix of your lilies coming up and cute kitty. I keep my pix on my computer and always adjust them the way they should be there and they stay that way once I fix them. I don't know about you all that take them off your phones tho.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Picture this scene....three adults with nets...one in the pond with waders....trying to catch baby koi. Our total catch...0 !
I have a medium sized koi I also offered this fellow ponder and she jumped out of the pond, then back in, to escape capture. A second time when a net came near her, she flew through the air like a flying fish.

I was concerned for her safety, so we just stopped. I'll have to lower the water level later this summer and try again....I'm exhausted.
Tula- we do a round up every year to remove 2-3 dozen koi for sale. Last year I had a gin rin that if the net came at it, it would fly at you! Hit me 5 times before I got it moved .I warned the new owners.
Drop your water level and try to block off as much area as possible. I made boxes from pvc covered with net that I put in the pond and chase them into the box and just tip it up- instant holding tank.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Today at the pond I found another Lily bloom getting ready to open. The fishies are investigating it. My Lily pads are starting to stand out of the water. Love when they do this. Clover are starting to creep to other parts of the pond.

View attachment 72776 View attachment 72777 View attachment 72778 View attachment 72779 View attachment 72780 And my little helper Milo.
View attachment 72782

Also does anyone know how to upload photos right side up on a phone? The pictures are normal until I upload them. Then they go sideways. I can't figure it out.

same thing happens to me when I post a photo from my phone. Not sure what the problem is...

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
same thing happens to me when I post a photo from my phone. Not sure what the problem is...
I hold my phone sideways (lengthwise) and take wide shots - If I keep my phone upright, taking tall narrow shots, they usually load sideways. That's how it works for me with an iPhone, anyway.

Reaction score
Country
United States
20140711_125135.jpg
Testing from my phone. This is my stock tank today.

20140711_125549.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
our weather has been so hot and dry nothing is growing right .I was weeding the driveway garden and had thought the elephant ears there did not make it through the winter but they were just coming up and last july they were about 3 or 4 ft high .This is one weird summer

Ask a Question