What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Idk I hope so, if not ill have a lot of green fish :p

Fishy about half of my babies are that color. Funny, some of them that are half the size have color where most of the bigger ones (1 1/2") are that grey/olive color. Some of the littlest ones are darker grey. Hope they all color up at some point. As I remember, last years fry took quite awhile before he turned orange.
I want them all to have color. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Picture this scene....three adults with nets...one in the pond with waders....trying to catch baby koi. Our total catch...0 !
I have a medium sized koi I also offered this fellow ponder and she jumped out of the pond, then back in, to escape capture. A second time when a net came near her, she flew through the air like a flying fish.

I was concerned for her safety, so we just stopped. I'll have to lower the water level later this summer and try again....I'm exhausted.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
baby fish:
DSCN5830.jpg

big fish:
DSCN5833.jpg

pond:
DSCN5836.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds , It's so cool that you have trout in your pond. You must have some heavy flow for them to stay happy, right? Do they ever try and eat your other fish?
Our pump moves 14000 gallons per hour in a system that's just over 5000 gallons, so there's a noticeable current. The rainbows are kept well fed and have there own territorial hierarchy - they are too preoccupied with each other to concern themselves with our other fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Picture this scene....three adults with nets...one in the pond with waders....trying to catch baby koi. Our total catch...0 !
I have a medium sized koi I also offered this fellow ponder and she jumped out of the pond, then back in, to escape capture. A second time when a net came near her, she flew through the air like a flying fish.

I was concerned for her safety, so we just stopped. I'll have to lower the water level later this summer and try again....I'm exhausted.
Someone on here suggested going out at night with a flashlight, one person shines it on the fish, one grabs the fish........................MAYBE!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is how I caught mine early morning on a cloudy day and some food to temp them .I did not feed the fish for a whole week so food was so tempting to them they could not resist .My son held the big spot light on them and with a small net I scooped them up.I used a small fishing tank net with a long handle .Took only 2 hours to catch 20 babies .A little food and scoop and a little food and scoop :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

Yeah, now that I have a bigger pond I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get the fish netted and indoors for the winter.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Today at the pond I found another Lily bloom getting ready to open. The fishies are investigating it. My Lily pads are starting to stand out of the water. Love when they do this. Clover are starting to creep to other parts of the pond.

1405035211478.jpg
20140710_182423.jpg
20140710_182427.jpg
20140710_182448.jpg
20140710_182451.jpg
And my little helper Milo.
IMG_20140710_064313.jpg

Also does anyone know how to upload photos right side up on a phone? The pictures are normal until I upload them. Then they go sideways. I can't figure it out.

Ask a Question