What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put the plant called strawberries and cream in my filters and waterfall they do a great job of cleaning the water .I find looking on the half dead cart at lowes or home depot pays off .Save a plant and you will be rewarded .Addy does the same thing .I bought lots of plants at lowes for 50 cents each 2 weeks ago .There was even those patio tomato plants on the rack ,my sister and I ate the tomato's off them and then we bought a couple .They are growing great and have had lots of tomato's on them .I already had tomato plants but felt sorry for these little producers

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got out my old camera today to take some underwater shots.

DSCN8136 copy.jpg

DSCN8139 copy.jpg

I was happy to see one of the bullfrogs in the water and it let me get a photo of it. This is the small bullfrog and he's a little more shy so I was surprised he let me get a photo.
DSCN8110_1 copy.jpg

The water lilies have been booming nicely. I've had about 6 or 7 flowers already, which is a huge increase from last year. Still have not fertilized them, either.
DSCN8156 copy.jpg

DSCN8149 copy.jpg

Can't forget about my Orange Milkweed. It's in full bloom and looking great!
IMG_1403 copy.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
went to NC and picked up more plants on the reduced rack .I am a sucker for them 1 dollar for each 6 pack .Brick nuggets are more money than lava rock

Attachments

• roberts desk plants and brick clickers 007.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 007.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 180
  • roberts desk plants and brick clickers 008.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 008.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 204
  • roberts desk plants and brick clickers 009.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 009.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 199
  • roberts desk plants and brick clickers 013.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 013.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 195
  • roberts desk plants and brick clickers 014.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 014.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 153
  • roberts desk plants and brick clickers 006.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 006.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 168
  • roberts desk plants and brick clickers 004.JPG
    roberts desk plants and brick clickers 004.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 168

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was going to get one colleen but they are not cold hardy so decided against it ,I now have so many bananas I shared some of the babies i took off the mother plant

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So, as you may know, I have a mostly-native garden project away from the pond that I've also been working on. It's been going well (except for rabbits), and it's been pretty fun so far. Not to mention it was very cheap to do (actually, so cheap that I'm surprised this isn't a bigger trend).

IMG_1408 (2) copy.jpg

IMG_1409 (2) copy.jpg

So, I've decided there's no reason to wait. I'm going to double its size and have a short path run through the center. The one thing I'm not looking forward to is digging up all the grass. At least I won't have to rush, since the seeds won't be planted until Winter, so I can work at it little by little. I still plan on getting it set soon so I can begin the first year process of weed pulling. If it works like the first garden did, I won't have too many weeds next year; mainly just clover seedlings.

Can't wait!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love my red banana! I got it for 40% off! View attachment 82887
colleen do you have to fertilize your banana as much as I have to .Once a month with miracle grow .I got the red banana from my sister they were onsale and her and her hubby bought one for me .It took a 20 mile ride on an indian motorcycle in the side bag .It is small and they paid a dollar for it at a road side stand

Ask a Question