What does your pond look like ... Today?

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I watched the heron come and wander down the rocks as if they did not exist.

I wish I had a camera like RobAmy so I could have watched what happened. I was amazed the heron attempted to get into the falls. It was a tight fit between the rocks and net. But when you analyzed it, it could be done. There was a place where he could have landed and hopped down the rocks. And I had fish scales to prove where the attack happened. I am just glad the heron got the fish and did not leave it wounded and left to die like with Mike's.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get a trail cam, at least it would snap pictures of movement.
I had an older dvr system, the pictures were not as good as my new dvr system. I love watching what happens in the yard. You can pick up one pretty cheap now. The one robamy has is very nice but pricier.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are 3 hours from home, this is what I like I just logged in and can see this we had a bad storm last night quick and easy check on home, via phone or computer

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Arent comuters wonderful things eh addy just a few short years ago you would have been 3 hours away and panicing because of the wather, now 3 hr's away we can just log online to view our ponds
Mind you I'm unsure about the black and yellow spotted bird being a preditor or not or just a black and yellow spotted flamingo :LOL:

Dave

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol the fish are safe from it, sort of frozen in place

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was concerned about our hives, small tornado hit close by. Hail winds etc. We have two cams on them all looks great. We have a neighbor that keeps a good eye on our house, anybody visiting drives down our long drive by their house.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here's the pond today.
IMG_1289 copy.jpg

IMG_1302 copy.jpg

IMG_1325 copy.jpg

IMG_1304 copy.jpg

IMG_1316 copy.jpg

IMG_1319 copy.jpg

Everything's looking pretty good right now. The rabbits have been pests. They've eaten most of my Horsetail and Cornflowers that I just planted. Every morning I go out and see something else they've gotten to.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Damselflies are mating here this morning. The male is in front, holding the female's neck with a set of dual claspers at the tip of his abdomen. Attached this way, they can fly in tandem for hours until the female dips her abdomen below the water's surface, depositing her fertilized eggs on submerged vegetation. Members of the Order Odonata, damselflies and dragonflies are the only insects able to synchronize flight this way - performing this mating ritual for over 300 million years. Practice makes perfect... :geek:
image.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JB what is that pretty yellow and red flowers you have everywhere?

Gaillardia, also known as Blanket Flower. Most are red with yellow tips, or half and half. They've got quite a few different varieties out there too.

I noticed this one in my mostly-native garden today. It's about 90% yellow. I like how different it looks from the rest and may need to put it by my pond to add a little variety.
IMG_1275 copy.jpg

Ask a Question