What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Despite getting frozen solid this past winter, my lilies are doing real well this year. This clump has over 70 blossoms.

june%2029%20002.jpg

june%2029%20006.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
colleen do you have to fertilize your banana as much as I have to .Once a month with miracle grow .I got the red banana from my sister they were onsale and her and her hubby bought one for me .It took a 20 mile ride on an indian motorcycle in the side bag .It is small and they paid a dollar for it at a road side stand
Yes I do give it miracle grow every week just so it can be big and beautiful before the horrid frost comes...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can then move it to your greenhouse colleen and just put it in a bigger pot with mulch around it to keep it from freezing it's roots off .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks Sissy I will do that with the snaller one cause other is toi big to save and may take all the room up in greenhouse.

20150703_122031.jpg
Ponds are coming along nice these warm days.
20150703_122031.jpg
I got this new floating plant in the marsh, between the new pitcher plant and the green vine. It floats and kind of looks like some floating fern and sticks up so nice.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can cut the leaves off and just leave the stalk .Another storm warning a torrential rain again .Really strong winds and thunder and lightening

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thought this would be interesting to share. The top photo is my original mini-pond around 5 years ago. The bottom photo is in the exact same spot tonight. The pond idea was originally to cover up the spot of ground that was for some reason cut out between the patio and driveway. I think there was a tree there so they just left the tree in and paved around it. After removing the mini pond years ago, I wasn't really sure what to do with it. I knew plants were an option but still wasn't sure. Turns out, Blanket Flower was the best option because of how well it fills in. I also have a black-eyed susan in there and an orange milkweed which is still a seedling. I'll probably scatter some black eyed susan seeds around the edges next year because it really goes well with the blanket flower.

40413_460805343688_5543233_n copy.png

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hello all! Survived my trip to Denver but boy was I glad to be home! Apparently we had storms the entire time I was gone. It cleared up for the 4th and then rained and stormed again yesterday which was perfect. I had a day of outside to clean up and mow and say hello to the fish. And then a day of inside cleaning and say hello to the rest of my creatures. My pond is crystal clear, I did have to pull my pot filter and redo it since the crate it was sitting on tilted but luckily I got that done on my outside day.
Did I mention how happy I am to be home??

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My pond was pea green soup for a long time and just a few days ago I can now see the bottom of the pond :) The water is not super clear from the mud but at least the algea is gone!! only the string algea in the stream is going crazy though...

Ask a Question