What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
We've had good weather here in Merseyside, England. All the pond plants are doing well and the elodea crispa is in abundance once again. The tadpoles are developing well and have got legs at last.

Pond-00818.png

Pond-00822.png

Pond-00809.png

Pond-00827.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Here's my overzealous Bee Balm, creatively hiding the unfinished parts of my pond ;-)

2015-07-02 17.00.27.jpg

Beyond that, you can just barely make out our temporary, above-ground preform that we are keeping various tadpoles in until they morph, and next to that, an uber-sophisticated lawn chair, which holds our air pump covered with a waterproof tarp. This is temporary until the taddies move on... then air pump will be relocated out of site. Can we say ghetto?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Here's my overzealous Bee Balm, creatively hiding the unfinished parts of my pond ;-)

View attachment 83113

Beyond that, you can just barely make out our temporary, above-ground preform that we are keeping various tadpoles in until they morph, and next to that, an uber-sophisticated lawn chair, which holds our air pump covered with a waterproof tarp. This is temporary until the taddies move on... then air pump will be relocated out of site. Can we say ghetto?
I've seen worse!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Just catching up on some threads as I have been very busy. My girl got married last weekend.
Everyones ponds are looking so nice. Mine has been a bit neglected and I have been dealing with murky green water so far this summer. Now the wedding is over I can focus on the pond and the yard again. :) Still want to add that bog. Just cant decide the best place to put it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer what are those yellow flowers in the foreground in the 3rd pic.

They're called Golden Queen Globeflower. They like moist soil but will do good in any average soil. Gets about 1.5' tall. I also tried some in my bog this year and it did well until the rabbits got to it.
IMG_0738 copy.jpg

Ask a Question