What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
IMAG1374~01.jpg
all your beautiful ponds & ideas. inspiring for this newbie. after two week hiatus, back to pond-work.
here is my not-yet-pond today. 100 gallon filter to pool above water, 15' stream to to-be-pond. carpet underlay; liner goes in today. wish me luck. lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
My tiny lily has sent buds to the surface twice now. Both times during the early part of the week which means it opens after I leave for work, closes before I get home, and sinks before the weekend. I had to get my daughter to go outside and send me a picture since I had no idea what color it was... I think it's gorgeous! And uh, yes that is the pot sitting on the bottom that you can see.. Water is clearing!! Woop Woop!
View attachment 81274

Pretty, do you know what variety it is?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Addy and I were just now trying to figure that out. I got it, via another friend, from Addy's pond so she had "Georgia Peaches" and I'm assuming that's what I have. It also probably isn't a mini lily, just not yet full grown.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The coloring looks like georgia peach, the leaves not quite. This one has been in my pond for years.
My tubers are huge, hers is tiny, maybe as it grow the leaves will change. Some of the leaves of this plant are plain looking, the bottom of the leaf has a lot of color. I don't know lol, wait and see when it grows a little bigger.

lily.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
David you pond is going to look great, love the lay out you are doing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep your new pond david is going to be nice .I wish I could have plants in my pond but can only get them in the water fall are .Boy addy if with the lack of rain you had every thing looks green .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Both times during the early part of the week which means it opens after I leave for work, closes before I get home,
Tbendl
Today was cool , 53, dreary, cloudy, drizzle and guess what! The lilies opened at 8 am closed at 6pm, maybe that is what you need.
DSC08145.JPG
DSC08140.JPG
DSC08139.JPG

The pond water dropped down to 64, it was almost 80 two days ago. I have so much surface area it cools the water quickly when we have cool nights.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Boy addy if with the lack of rain you had every thing looks green .
The hill always look green except during the winter. The yard is what turns brown. Our grass was crunchy and if you get near the plants, even though they look green they are all wilting. The rain came at a perfect time, then this little bit today helped. With the rain my wild flower garden went from brown dirt to growing plants, that liquid gold is unreal.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had mist on and off today but got my trimming done and about 30 marigolds transplanted that I grew from seed .Finished the mulch around them after they were planted .My grass was starting to turn brown but the hard rain last night helped bring it back ,but we sure need more of it .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Those are beautiful! I'm hoping as the days get longer the lilies will keep later hours as well. I'm going to start keeping an eye out for night bloomers though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure but my lilies and lotus are not doing as good as i was hoping .I was going to move them to the stock tank but have not gotten the pump I need all the ones I have are just to big

Ask a Question