What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Forget Me Nots
IMG_2915 copy.jpg

Bullfrog
IMG_2920 copy.jpg

IMG_2847 copy.jpg

Fern corner
IMG_2910 copy.jpg

Arrowhead
IMG_2887 copy.jpg

I learned about Blue-eyed grass recently and had to get some. I've also got a bunch of seeds I'm going to try to grow.
IMG_2913 copy.jpg

Reaction score
This is my pond today, working on refurbing it a little bit. Still have to finish the waterfall but mostly finished. Just hoping the vines will grow and cover the fence.
Water is dirty because of all the dirt i dropped in there fixing the liner and removing the top layer of rocks.

Attachments

• 20150525_082544.jpeg
    20150525_082544.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 145
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my pond today, iris out, plants springing into life. Lots of blanket weed which is driving me mad! Will it ever go away?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 187
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Our first waterlily bloom of the season!
2015-05-27 10.22.13.jpg

This mighty tuber (about 6 inches long) was growing OUTSIDE the pot (I didn't groom lilies last year) so we broke it off and plunked it in the shallow waters of our tadpole holding tank and stuck a rock over it. The bud was already there when the transplant happened, but this morning, it FINALLY opened. All our other lilies (some the same variety, others different) only just have leaves at the moment.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This is my pond today, working on refurbing it a little bit. Still have to finish the waterfall but mostly finished. Just hoping the vines will grow and cover the fence.
Water is dirty because of all the dirt i dropped in there fixing the liner and removing the top layer of rocks.
If you could protect your pond you can get a pump sprayer and put bleach and water in it and spray it on the fence and it will bring the color back and it will look like new .The best is to wet the pressure treated wood first and the spray it with a good quality bleach and water .2 cups of bleach to a 2 gallon sprayer usually does a great job

Ask a Question