What does your pond look like ... Today?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not so much pond but working on flower garden and an area on the other side of the yard that has been ugly. Next step is to replace the wood border with stone, I got 20 yesterday, only need about 100 more. I drive a mini so only 5 more trips to Lowes to go!! It is looking like rain today and tomorrow so fingers crossed the weekend is nice.
IMG_3549.JPG
IMG_3566.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It has been hot hot hot, today dropping back to "normal" i.e. 70's, right now 56, at home. My bog is filling in, lilies are pushing leaves and buds up, one is blooming in the loop ponds.

We are sitting down in Virginia, Shenandoah Valley, test run with our rv trailer. The temperature down here went from 90 yesterday to a beautiful 70 today.

pond1.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Fabulous Addy, your lily's are way ahead of mine. Water is still cool here so I only got two pads right now, although the yellow flag, grasses, and Marsh marigold are growing great for me.
Right now I got tons of flower peddles all over the place from the flowering trees.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My neighbor has peacocks and ostriches and I am not sure which one is nastier .I think the ostrich wins after he spits at you .He has 2 emu's also but they do not come near the road .He has pigmy goats and fainting goats .Stupid goats falling over even if you look at them .Caught the deer eating apples off my apple tree this morning and then had to chase turkey's out of my yard .They try to fly up into my smaller trees and broke the top out of one of my pear trees Oh and I remember talking about that stuff you use on plants to keep the leaves from drying out and finally found it here again.My sister with reese who lost her dog max and her new puppy Bear .Some one heard the story and called her about puppies she had and wanted to give her one .This is where those idiots live that hit max and killed him .The houses on the rest of the road are great looking and this is a friend Icy's parents house that live next door to the dump those people live on .

Attachments

• all around- bear- walter 031.JPG
    all around- bear- walter 031.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 156
  • all around- bear- walter 027.JPG
    all around- bear- walter 027.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 191
  • all around- bear- walter 025.JPG
    all around- bear- walter 025.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 159
  • all around- bear- walter 014.JPG
    all around- bear- walter 014.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 160
  • all around- bear- walter 013.JPG
    all around- bear- walter 013.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 202

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I found some Lemon Balm growing around my fire pit a few years ago, so today when I saw it again, I dug some up and put it near the bog. I love the smell of it.
DSCN7964 copy.jpg

This morning I realize the Golden Club plant I bought two years ago is finally flowering! I wasn't sure it ever would.
DSCN7963 copy.jpg

DSCN7966 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Still waiting for the tadpoles to develop into little froglets over here in Merseyside, England:

pond-01-16May2015.png

I've been planning to buy some native British pond plants but the ones I want aren't in stock yet so I have to make do with what I've got already.

pond-09-16May2015.png

Here is our cat Figgy standing guard over the pond having chased off some pigeons which had been down earlier:

pond-14-16May2015.png

Here is one of the Pigeons who visited the pond for a drink:

pond-12-16May2015.png

Ask a Question