What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sometimes the mental scars of winter linger on and it takes awhile to realize how long the growing season has been going. It's hard to believe everything is filling in. It seems like just yesterday it was snowing and cold. It also seems like I was just excited about seeing the first bit of plant growth, and that was nearly two months ago! The pond area is looking good, though I'm still waiting on lily pads. I've had a few hit the surface but the ducks have shredded them.
IMG_2133 copy.jpg

IMG_2134 copy.jpg

IMG_2137 copy.jpg

IMG_2149 copy.jpg

IMG_2155 copy.jpg

IMG_2154 copy.jpg

Last edited:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got this little Laguna skimmer that sits in shallow area of pond and looks like some "zen fountain ". It has two lights, one on top and bottom, comes with pump too, and got it on sale for 99 dollars. The other round old skimmer that also sits in pond is ugly and unsightly. This new little portable skimmer good for small ponds with no skimmer built in. I don't have those built in skimmers cause they probably would be nightmare in winter to run. This skimmer I can put away nicely in fall.

I love it and it really looks very pretty at night with the built in lights and has a better filter area than my old round skimmer.
20150510_103925.jpg
20150510_103841.jpg
20150510_103939.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I guess I'm going to have to dig a Koi pond next year. I blame all of you and your nice ponds. :D
laughing........... I am happy with my gf pond.

Darn maple spinners are falling by the bucket load now. This is when I am so glad to have a skimmer. I need a good strong nw to se wind, then they miss the pond.

Reaction score
Spent yesterday evening fishing blanket weed out of the pond. Despite the tadpoles doing a good job of eating the blanket weed it was growing a little too fast for my liking so it had to go. I left it on the side though for the time being so any creatures could return to the water:

pond-05-10May2015.png

pond-04-10May2015.png

pond-02-10May2015.png

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Spent yesterday evening fishing blanket weed out of the pond. Despite the tadpoles doing a good job of eating the blanket weed it was growing a little too fast for my liking so it had to go. I left it on the side though for the time being so any creatures could return to the water:

pond-05-10May2015.png

pond-04-10May2015.png

pond-02-10May2015.png
Beautiful shots Figgy. (y)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I've been using the pool skimmer everyday. I had the pond nice and clean until the rain today knocked a bunch of pine needles in it.
Those needles are a nuisance here too, Mike. No matter how much cleanup I do by skimming, spraying, sweeping, vacuuming, blowing or wiping off my feet, I still always track a bunch of needles into the house all year long! :LOL:

Ask a Question