What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The ducks were hanging out by the pond today. I took a few photos and they decided they would leave, so they began to walk to my front yard, until the male decided to hop into a window well. I began to follow them and as I rounded the corner of the house, the female hopped up on the front porch and just looked around. I took some video I'll try to upload later.

IMG_1432 copy.jpg

IMG_1433 copy.jpg

IMG_1435 copy.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I saw two mallards, male and female in a big pond supposedly made by a meteorite (been told this by a few peeps but never able to verify it). I hope they make a nest and pop out some little ones :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The Mallards came back again later in the day before sunset. I was out messing around by the pond and all of a sudden, I heard loud flapping right over my head. They were as surprised as I was and did as best they could to alter their landing zone a few feet away.

As for the messing around, I was taking some photos.

Here's Gaillardia (Blanket Flower). I have about 20 plants That I grew from seed last year but only two flowered, so it should look really cool if they all flower this year.
IMG_1440 copy.jpg

Here's my bog looking like a bog.
IMG_1442 copy.jpg

The Sweet Woodruff I planted around the bog is doing what I hoped it would and spreading under and between the rocks. It gives the area a more natural look.
IMG_1445 copy.jpg

Here's my newest table. Who needs a real table when you have logs laying around?
IMG_1455 copy.jpg

Lastly, I saw this Northern Flicker in my neighbors tree. I don't see these too often here, we usually have the Red-Bellied Woodpeckers and Downy Woodpeckers, but every once in a while I'll see one of these.
IMG_1471 copy.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I encourage you all to post pics of YOUR springtime ponds and/or gardens (for my own selfish enjoyment, of course:p) if you'd be so inclined... :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That light green bush, is that growing in your water? The one in the last 2 pictures on the left side. I see the taller rush? That's a darker green is growing in the water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it's growing in a tall plastic pedestal pot in the water on an 18" deep shelf. It's roots are totally in water only. It's a variegated sedge plant. One day it will bust the pot open and then I wonder if it will just float or sink? I'm hoping it will just float and live like that. The rush is in a black pot w/holes and brick in bottom to keep it upright and also tied so it stays put. It's only in water also.Something like this only round:
Pot.JPG

Ask a Question