What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Still frozen, but slowly melting, snow coming thursday eve and friday, then popping back up to 54 and sunny saturday
pond.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wish I could send you some of my temps. addy ,it would melt fast .I have to get more stain because I never finished staining the bridge on the pond .I did finish the wising well in the back .At least that one is over the well instead of over the septic tank :)2 babies sunning them selves

Attachments

• well pond and landscape 001.JPG
    well pond and landscape 001.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 121
  • well pond and landscape 004.JPG
    well pond and landscape 004.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 155
  • well pond and landscape 018.JPG
    well pond and landscape 018.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 130
  • well pond and landscape 010.JPG
    well pond and landscape 010.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 168

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love my puddles and he is a mommies boy peewee hangs on his daddy ever since he saved his life .Puddles has short legs .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Cleaned up the pond and finally got the waterfall put together and after 3 days working on it I think it finally looks pretty decent. I even cleaned up and split the lillies as they were starting to grow. It has been in the 70's the past 4 days and yesterday was in the 80's...back to the upper 50's and 60's for this week though. I swear Nebraska weather is totally wacked but I'll take the warmth! I still have the bog and pond plants in the basement under the grow light as I know it's not going to stay warm at nights yet. I still have the pathways and seating area's to do but it's a start and it was soooo nice to hear the water running on the new waterfall! Oh oh and I oops and dropped a rock to the bottom while working on the pond and mr bullfrog kermie came up! I dont think he was ready to be woke up yet though lol

Attachments

• new waterfall and birds 3 2015 004.JPG
    new waterfall and birds 3 2015 004.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 164
  • new waterfall and birds 3 2015 014.JPG
    new waterfall and birds 3 2015 014.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 170
  • new waterfall and birds 3 2015 020.JPG
    new waterfall and birds 3 2015 020.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 145

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hurry up and melt that big ice burg Addy! Maybe it takes longer to melt cause your pond is Down so low?

The pond is on a down slope, sort of like a depression with the way I dug it into the bank and built up the lower bank. The temp there sort of settles, i.e. colder air does settle. We put our bee hives up on the top of our yard slope to keep them in a warmer part of the yard, less moisture cold settling.

The 1000 gallon tank has just a layer of crumbling ice now. The deck pond and 300 gallon tank both still have a solid block of ice stuck to the bottom.
The big pond is still around 5 inches or so of solid can't grab and break ice. BUT we are warmer so it has to melt at some time.............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wind is so bad here I had a wheel barrow full of weeds and darn wind blew it over 3 different times and I had to pick all the stuff up again .I give up Mr Wind I give up

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's windy here too and I've seen leaves flying into the yard over the wood fence all day...not amused I get everyone elses leaves when mine are done! :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Used to happen to me at my NJ house ,all my neighbors leaves would blow into my yard .Here they just blow to the open land some where .Funny thing is I decided to go grocery shopping and went to Martinsville and no wind there just hot and get home and there's the wind .Have to remember races will be coming to Martinsville speedway and it gets crowded in town and i don't like those crowds

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
winds whipping around here, cold front blowing in, possible snow winter mix coming up on thursday/friday, then temps back up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
supposed to get down to 36 so I pulled plants under the porch and covered them .They are snuggly warm on concrete that sun has been shining on most of the day

Ask a Question