What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
still frozen..................it is raining today, that might help
ponda.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get lady bugs real bad here ..There is a guy here who collects them and resells them .I just got done bleaching my fence and lattice after the rain stopped and before the pressure treated wood dries out .It takes the grey and black out

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No it is actual lady bugs because the county steps in to collect lots of them to take to other places where needed .For some reason they love light colored vinyl siding that gets lots of sun .The county comes out when there are enough of them to collect .Guy told me they take them to farms where needed .I guess they make sure what kind of bugs they are first .They want only lady bugs .They put them in net bags when they collect them .We get those black stinky ones also that smell like those stink bugs .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Had a bit of melt with the rain. The skimmer is melting a bit too, I was able to get a few of the pool noodles out but still need a bit more melting. The photo looks like more then 50% but it is the angle of the camera, I would say bit less then 50%. We are getting closer :). All of my filter pads came in, we are ready to go

Channel01_20150315073330_403.jpg

Channel02_20150315072219_772.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No ice on pond just pouring rain falling on my pond filling it up nice and full. Frogs were singing last night. I think we have passed into Spring early, knock on wood. We got off easy this year!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We got off easy this year!
Yeah you bummmmmmmmmmms

I am seeing a little bit of water, it is covering the ice that is still darn thick. The red lines point to the water that I am seeing.

I may have lost all my lotus, there is a good layer of water in the lotus pond,(red line to the left) but the ice goes down down down, it may have frozen the tubers this winter. I did have them 18 inches below water level. Oh well, I will convert it to a lily pond if they did die off.
pond4.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I will wear the bum hat happily :D

Maybe you will get lucky and a few lotus will survive. If not you sure have lots of nice lilies to take their place.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why I brought my lotus in ,it was the never know about winter .I am thinking of making it a lot deeper and just lowering the lotus plants come winter .Not sure how that would work when they get bigger .Funny thing is where I got my tubers from his are only about an inch or 2 under water and his thrive and he neglects them horribly .He is in NC only half hour from me and his have spread over the years .

Ask a Question