What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snow flurries falling................ 3-5 coming, but it will melt, 55 on saturday.
But Banner day! I manged to use my net and broke apart the ice, that started it melting better. As of around 4 p there were only a few large islands of ice. I saw maybe two fish swimming, I know the rest are in there somewhere. I need to get the pump running, but now the bog needs to melt. And I know by the morning all will be ice covered again but not as thick and it will melt within a day or two.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Supposed to be 70 here saturday and my sister right away says flea market time :)Hope we find bargains but also hope hospital does not change her schedual because they are short nurses

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have great news! I became a daddy for the second time on Pi day - 3/14/15. Here's a shot of Sam and Dad after delivery. He's a redhead like his old man. :)
image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

Oh boy we need more red heads in this world. I used to be one but it was dark auburn and now more brown. My first grand-daughter has curly red hair. She's gonna be 25 soon. Enjoy your new little guy @Troutredds

Reaction score
Three pictures from this winter ... from snow to ice out (and then a fall pic of same spot) .... pond is about 700 gallons and i keep a small filter/air bubbler running all winter. Keeps the hole open with some help of a surface heater when needed... I'm just north of Boston, MA and we have over 11 feet of snow this year but didn't have any fish die. I have too many fish for this size pond but they do pretty well. I think the local Blue Heron helps as he showed up the first couple of days after the ice was gone ...

IMG_0298.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG

Steve's Pond.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Three pictures from this winter ... from snow to ice out (and then a fall pic of same spot) .... pond is about 700 gallons and i keep a small filter/air bubbler running all winter. Keeps the hole open with some help of a surface heater when needed... I'm just north of Boston, MA and we have over 11 feet of snow this year but didn't have any fish die. I have too many fish for this size pond but they do pretty well. I think the local Blue Heron helps as he showed up the first couple of days after the ice was gone ...

View attachment 79091 View attachment 79092 View attachment 79093
View attachment 79094
Looking good after this winter, melting very nicely. Glad to hear the fish are doing so well. Great looking pond

Ask a Question