What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got more so I could finish the 2 topsides of my property .It does not take much to do since the spores can reproduce a thousand times in just a month .I just wanted to make sure I got great coverage faster .And it does not seem to bother worms because I sure have plenty of them .When I dug the holes for the new trees and moved one tree all I saw was big fat worms .I planted 3 shrubs and moved 4 shrubs to other spots because they seemed to not like where they were growing .I also planted 6 new fruit trees .I love the end of season sales on trees and can't resist 5 dollars for 8 foot trees .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
5" or 6" out there now, and another 5" or 6" to come.

DSCN7836.png

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well at least you can see the bridge .Is the breather still working even all closed in like that .I guess after this winter if all goes good you will know if it worked

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well at least you can see the bridge .Is the breather still working even all closed in like that

The breather is doing just fine. Its created so that it freezes into the ice. I keep the snow away from it though, so the holes don't get blocked. I think my biggest worry has been the pump cage getting clogged with leaves or other debris over time, since there is no way to get to it, but so far It looks like its just fine.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, we made it quite a ways through winter before seeing this... Too bad. This stuff will be around for awhile.
IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow the winds are bad i wonder if they are headed your way jb .We got heavy rains around 2 am and then the strong winds started .It has moved the heavy furniture on the front porch

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hubby says he thinks I found a dinosaur egg last week, while looking for rocks down by river. What do you think? I have the piece of shell that fits perfect over the top, right now it is in my fish tank and hubby wants me to get it out of tank....
20150202_121650.jpg

Ask a Question