What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
While the east has been hit hard this year, west of the rockies has been quite pleasant. Our temps all of January have been in the 40's and 50's. I think our lowest temp at night has been about 19 degrees. No snow but its been warm enough to rain. As of yesterday our pond is completely thawed and I need to get to work on getting back up and running. I decided to re-do the waterfall again this year so I have some rock moving in my near future.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Freezing rain this morning. Made everything slick. 31°F
Waiting to see if we get some snow on Sunday. That's also Feb. 1st, which means it's only a month until we might start seeing winter pack its bags. That's wishful thinking, but at least by the end of March would be great!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was watching the weather channel and they had a story on why there are more sink holes in Florida than any other state .The limestone dries out during a long dry spell and then we they get a lot of rain the rain cause the lime stone to fracture and then the sink hole happens .Well glad I do not live there as my last name is Murphy and every one knows about Murphy's law .:)They showed all the huge trees swallowed up by one of the sink holes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No 70's here right now but should rise up to 50 something. Only in the 30's now but still looks great out there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat sissy, sure would hate to look at this house.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I chopped a bush out from around my pond. It was getting ugly and looked like parts were dieing on it. Trying to clear it out a but for easier access and more sunshine. You can see parts of it in a pile w/ trimming also from that big tree by the pond.
IMG_6462.JPG

Our weather was so wacky this year that my little maple tree didn't lose all it's leaves.
IMG_6463.JPG

My palm tree is getting bigger and you can actually see some fish out in the nice sunshine today
IMG_6460.JPG

Ask a Question