What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is that with your new pump jw or are you still using the old one

No I haven't hooked up the new one to the falls yet. I just tried it out using extra tubing I had and it worked fine but I don't know yet how it will look coming over the falls. I need to get a connector for it also.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
jw everything looks so nice. I never noticed the edging around your pond. I like it (y) Now tell me how you did it
All I did was make a berm for my liner to go up and over and down. Put some rocks over the liner and then in the dirt around the sides I planted some crawling sedums in there and stuck rocks in the dirt around the sides. Nothing is cemented in cuz If I ever need to move or repair anything I can still do it easily.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow @j.w , it looks like you're still in Summer. That is SO unfair!
It may look like Summer but nights and mornings are below freezing. The day warms up to the 50's eventually and then back down again. I will take the sunshine I get and enjoy it while it's here! I can go for my walks midday w/no sleeve shirts :happy:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Addy not sure that would make me feel better if I am 20 ft or more down in the earth with my house or car :(;).By the weather channel so far the next storm you are going to get addy is going to be rain .But the you never know is there

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wonder if they offer mole hole insurance cuz some of those trenches they crawl along under the dirt in you could break your ankle in! The neighbor is in kahoots w/my hubby and they are murdering them together. I don't want to know anymore about it. Wonder how much milky spore would cost for a whole acre and would all the rain wash it away?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought 3 containers for 3 acres but the spores multiply in the soil .I did not do the side yard because i used it under and around my pond .I saw it on ebay and it was cheaper than lowes .You don't spread it you have to go around and poke a stick in the ground and put a tiny bit in each hole .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks sissy but that would take a long time to do. I wonder how often you need to reapply? And how far apart the holes have to be from each other where you stick the stuff down.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You never need to reapply .The spores multiply all by them selves .I did my front yard first and not one mole tunnel and then did the one half of the side yard and back yard a year later .I used a piece of long rebar and poked the rebar into the milky spore and then poked the rebar into the ground .Milky spore needs to be done when soil is damp which you have no problems with that .I had to wait for rain to do mine .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds promising then if I would only have to do once. I sure like that! Then I could just take my time doing some each day till the whole place is done. Yep damp is here visiting us a lot. I'd prolly wait til Spring or can I do it as long as the ground isn't frozen now? Maybe Spring would be better.

Ask a Question