addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have a love hate relationship with the lily snacking deer.
Covered the day lily buds so they could finally make it to a flower. Usually every bud eaten.

But of course twins in the yard yanks at your heart

100 feet away shot.

20240701_105131.jpg
20240701_103812.jpg
20240701_103915.jpg
20240628_095216.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The little ones are so cute! We have a huge doe that comes every couple of days. She likes the new growth on the berry bushes. Would love to get her into my freezer but I'm sure she will be back with a couple of fawns next spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Walked out to sit by the pond this morning and discovered SHE had gotten there before me and fallen asleep :sleep:🦉 I unlocked the gate and went in and she never budged till one of the dogs walked by.:love:
P1220198.JPG
P1220212.JPG

Then she hopped into the woods and started nodding off there too. She finally gave up and went to bed.
P1220235.jpg
P1220273.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just heard our state wants to get rid of a lot of barred owls. They are saying they are bad for the spotted owls. How does that work? Do barred owls kill spotted owls?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just heard our state wants to get rid of a lot of barred owls. They are saying they are bad for the spotted owls. How does that work? Do barred owls kill spotted owls?
So they say. They compete directly with them and are very successful so they are a threat to the spotted owl's success. Makes sense- they are indigenous and the Barred owls have sort of moved into their range.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So they say. They compete directly with them and are very successful so they are a threat to the spotted owl's success. Makes sense- they are indigenous and the Barred owls have sort of moved into their range.
We always try to fix things and sometimes it goes awry. Will see how this goes!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Trust me every time these environmental know it all step in it never turns out he way they think it will. the most recent F-up of all time is with the Chinese.
The Chinese decided to the sparrow the tiny little sparrow was a threat to the rice crops as the sparrow eat annually like 90,000 ton of rice a year i believe it was. So in there infinite wisdom they placed a bounty on the sparrow. They were successful in thinning out the sparrow population and the end result was FAMINE. you see what they did not take into account was that the little sparrow also ATE many other things, like bugs . The locust for example. and when the sparrows disappeared the locust thrived and the locust consumed 10,000 times more rice than what the sparrow ATE. tHE LOCUST ATE THE WHOLE PLANT NOT JUST A FEW GRAINS ..... BRILLIANT!! FACT

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Trust me every time these environmental know it all step in it never turns out he way they think it will. the most recent F-up of all time is with the Chinese.
The Chinese decided to the sparrow the tiny little sparrow was a threat to the rice crops as the sparrow eat annually like 90,000 ton of rice a year i believe it was. So in there infinite wisdom they placed a bounty on the sparrow. They were successful in thinning out the sparrow population and the end result was FAMINE. you see what they did not take into account was that the little sparrow also ATE many other things, like bugs . The locust for example. and when the sparrows disappeared the locust thrived and the locust consumed 10,000 times more rice than what the sparrow ATE. tHE LOCUST ATE THE WHOLE PLANT NOT JUST A FEW GRAINS ..... BRILLIANT!! FACT
Arrogant humans again and again.

Ask a Question