Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Pretty sure I just saw a dragonfly. It was blueish color, but it was way bigger than a damselfly. So far I've seen a red & blue damselfly and this dragonfly, no pictures as he was just hovering and flying all over the place but that's interesting. It definitely did not look like a damselfly to me though, damselflies depending on the color you can sort of barely see but this guy was quite big.

No idea where they come from.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
No (visible) owls for a week then she showed up last night and scoped out the pond for a while. Then at dusk, I went in and she actually sat outside and watched me through the window. Or maybe she was watching tv.
She shows up again this morning - watches all the activity in the pond for a while then hops to the fence. Then a hummer decided it should run her off :ROFLMAO:
P1210611.JPG

P1210594.JPG
P1210558.JPG
P1210538.JPG

A new dragonfly showed up today.
P1210682.JPG

And the bog hibiscus (Luna Swirl) started putting on a show
P1210675.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just love House Wrens - I have some too. They talk and talk and talk! I hear the kids a lot now, must be close to fledging soon.

They're amazing! It's been a few years since I've had them nesting because the sparrows took over all my bird houses, but now that I shrunk the hole size down on all of them, I'm hoping to see wrens much more frequently each spring. This pair moved in very quickly after I changed the hole size.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They're amazing! It's been a few years since I've had them nesting because the sparrows took over all my bird houses, but now that I shrunk the hole size down on all of them, I'm hoping to see wrens much more frequently each spring. This pair moved in very quickly after I changed the hole size.
I had to do the same thing. Now I have bluebirds and House wrens nesting :) Carolina wrens used to nest in the dryer vent, but some wicked beast placed a grate over it to block them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That this beautiful owl, raised behind here, still exhibits curiosity?trust? thrills me to no end 💕💕💕💕💕🦉
This morning I found her up high in the trees and I said Good Morning. She flew down, observed the pond that I apparently built just
P1220087_exported_29696.jpg
P1220109.JPG
P1220138.JPG
for her, and then shortly sauntered off for a shady rest in the magnolia. She makes life so much richer :love:

Attachments

• P1220040.jpg
    P1220040.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P1220073.JPG
    P1220073.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 7

Ask a Question