Pond in the foothills

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, poor Mitch, and Haro getting pulled in, too. I was laughing out loud here, the dogs and cat looking at me probably thinking, "Oh, it must be something on FB or GPF again ..." :) I definitely want to be part of the viewing of pics of Mitch in a pink or white tutu, and if Haro would bop on over to join him, what a party it could be!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
:)

The snow is almost gone here.
I transplanted my bigger seedlings to small pots until the danger of frost is past, usually by the end of May.
Squash, pumpkin and tomatoes were getting too big.
CE, we didn't lose any plants from this past snowfall. We can sometimes get away with plants from zone 4 and lower here, but technically we're in zone 2b.

IMG_0458.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your plants are screaming to get out of those pots and into the ground Mitch. Gosh I bet you are happy, jumping for joy happy that the white stuff is gone. I am going to be happy tomorrow if it's true that the sun is going to shine here tomorrow and last for several days even up to the high 70's or more :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
So I'm out taking the dogs for a walk, and guess what returns?
My wife is in town shopping, so I hope she gets back before dark. The radar shows more snow is on the way.
Moisture is good though, right jw?:LOL:

IMG_0460.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
OH NO IT DIDN'T but I see YES IT DID! I think you are being played w/ like a toy on the Twilight Zone show. Let's see how much he can take before he breaks and goes stark raving mad. Yeah right moisture is good if you live in Arizona and are drying up into dust. I don't need any more thank you and I'm waiting for the sun tomorrow and if it doesn't show up...............you don't want to know how many weatherman corpses will be laid out in a row :cautious:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's a good thing I have so many indoor hobbies.
I had a good day working in the kitchen and greenhouse, so I'm happy.:)
Playing my music pretty loud too...:rolleyes: Music like Queen, Paul Simon, Classical, Leonard Cohen, INXS....:)
No neighbours to bother here.

You've got some nice big buildings at your place jw, I'm sure you find a way to keep busy too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The big shop is really where my hubby tinkers around. He's making me a windmill from scratch right now. I have my garden shed where I rig up this and that for the pond and yard stuff. Only other buildings we have are for fire wood. I've been spending a bit of time trying to find out where I came from on Ancestry.com. Did a dna test and am finding out things bit by bit on my birth mother and birth fathers side. Don't really know yet who he is but I know his surname now and some blood relatives that popped up. You don't really know what it's like to not know where you came from unless it is you that it's happening to. I never had bro's or sis's or cousins growing up. My adoptive parents are gone now. Now I have found my half sis and her kids and some cousins. Don't really have anything to do w/ the cousins tho except by messaging. New dna matches come in now and then w/ new info.
I spent part of the day trying to clean the deck for the BBQ tomorrow. That was a disaster. It was like bottom pond muck and all the gaps in the boards were clogged w/ moss. Yuck, so when hubby got home he had to get out the pressure washer which I had asked him if he was going to do first before I started. No he said but now he is stuck doing it last minute otherwise people would be sliding around on green slime all day long falling on their butts. Been cleaning the house all day for tomorrow too and that is one of my other least favorite things to do. My hobbies are all outdoors, gardening, ponding, biking, hiking, walking, swimming, fishing, camping, viewing nature. I despise the kitchen but I could work in the green house. All I have out there right now is my tomatoes tho. Not very much fun out there when it's pouring rain and so dark looking. I need sunshine to motivate me

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Well I wish you good luck with finding your past relatives. Hopefully it turns up some nice surprises for you.
A while ago I found out that one of my great uncles was a motorcycle driver for the SS Luftwaffe! :eek:
I met him and never knew until after he passed away.

Today I made some homemade beef stock, apple and celery root curry soup, homemade bread and roasted some coffee.
Lots of misc work in the greenhouse and got the misting system working again from last year.

Summer's coming jw, don't worry.;)

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So nice to see brown stuff mitch, that always white gets boring.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He was a Nazi, yikes!

Hey addy the white stuff is drama here and the green stuff is always pretty but the wet stuff that makes the green stuff is HORRIGULOUS!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
we got wet stuff here, needed it for my new sprouts. Almost an inch., good for the new trees too

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
My tomato plants I grew from seeds have already been potted up once, and looks like I need to either get them outside and hardened off in the wind and direct sun, or pot them up again! Yikes, they are growing tall! I think they are at least 12" tall, some taller, some not as tall. I have about 20 plants, and only want about 4 or 5 for myself. LOL But, once they grew, I couldn't kill them. Will give the others away.
Have some of the Sun Gold orange bite size tomatoes that I tasted at Pecan's garden last summer, and am sooooo anxious to grow them here. I sure hope they are as tasty here as they are in her UT garden!
Glad your snow is gone ... back ... gone again, Mitch! Maybe now the cold weather will stay away, and you can get your plants outside.

Ask a Question