j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok then guess you are a long ways off from each other. Can't you mail stuff like that to each other or are plants a no no?

Are you kidding Mitch..................more snow, that is just too much and you think you might lose power. Must be the heavy wet kind that will make the trees fall over, sheesh you need a vacation to somewhere nice and warm and come back home in July :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I just can NOT believe you are having more and more snow, Mitch! OMG, I would be crying, literally crying if it was snowing here in May! Soon, soon you will have spring/summer/fall. It will all happen within the course of about 30 days, then winter will be back. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
A one day snow event isn't bad, it usually gives the gardens a good soaking because the ground is usually thawed.
I don't like this week long cold snap though.
I was able to rake the gardens that were clear of snow last week - good thing - a lot of new flower shoots were starting to emerge.
Everything is covered up with snow again, but I expect they will be fine. All perrenials.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
You're the only person that I know that has spring flowers coming up and not worried about a snow cover on top of them! OK, I get it with crocus and the like, but not much of anything else in my area would handle snow after it starts to emerge. MAYBE hostas, but not likely. That's when the zones come into play. Like we would all love to have a Marsh Marigold like Colleen pictured, but now that she has said it is for zone 2 ... not going to buy one. UNLESS, of course, they have another variety that is for my area. I think there probably are several varieties, but now that I've seen hers, I don't want second hand. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond is about 50% iced over again this morning.
Should be gone by noon.
oh my, ice...............I would be so crushed if that happened here this time of year. Hang in there!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yeah.
On my calendar from last year, the temperature here 1 year ago yesterday was 30C/86F.

The temperature transmitter was encased in ice so I dug it out. The bottom water temperature is 42.2F.
That's probably useful to know for when you can expect ice to form on top of the pond.

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The Ice Age has cometh for you I fear. If you see a big white furry thing bouncing about you know you are in big trouble

d0734fba9026608ec7d64ed3be4e6d38.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Old man winter is really mad at you Mitch. I think it's time for an offering up of something to appease him. You must hand over one of your most favorite devices to him. Set it out in the snow whatever it may be. That bottle of scotch you have hidden in your cupboard, those naughty movies, your beloved tobacco pipe or whatever you smoke inside it, and no, no, not your significant other, that would just make him madder and don't forget to dance for him. Maybe you can borrow Haro's pink tu tu

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We could all chip in and buy him one...............like this one, white as the driven snow to appease the snow gods

DANCE FOR ME SUCKER

Ask a Question