JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Bittersweet day. I went to the ARCA and NASCAR Truck series races at the Milwaukee Mile today. It was fun, but it was announced that NASCAR is not returning to Milwaukee next year. I'm glad I was able to go both years. Also, it was 90°F today and humid. That was awful and I'll never go to a race in that kind of heat again. 🥵

I made it onto national TV! I was taking video of the start. I'll post my videos whenever I put it all together.
NASCAR Official Extended Highlights  NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series from Milwaukee Mile - youtu...jpg

A show truck featuring the race sponsor.
IMG_6921 copy.jpg

IMG_6924 copy.jpg

Toni Breidinger
IMG_7343 copy.jpg

Marco Andretti - racing royalty!
IMG_7354 copy.jpg

Race winner William Sawalich
IMG_7563 copy.jpg

IMG_7543 copy.jpg

Truck series flyover
IMG_7590 copy.jpg

Opening pace laps
IMG_7623 copy.jpg

Marco Andretti
IMG_7791 copy.jpg

The fastest three drivers. Each seemed like they could win at different points in the race. Majeski was the fan favorite because he's from Wisconsin. He finished 2nd.
IMG_8074 copy.jpg

Checkered flag
IMG_8137 copy.jpg

Race winner Layne Riggs
IMG_8148 copy.jpg

IMG_8154 copy.jpg

Pre-race panorama
IMG_20240825_114252957 copy.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 great looking shed w/so much room! Will last a long time w/all the care you gave it. Makes me want another one as the junk keeps growing for some strange reason. Think I just need to purge mine out instead!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Been toooooo busy. My new shed finally came. No hurricanes or rain.
Friday caregivers class.
View attachment 165236

Bought Sealant and deck paint for the floor, did the sealant saturday am, looked at the pond , down one foot! The bog finally tipped to the over flow excess plant growth. Been planning on purging it.
So saturday ripped out wagon loads of plants in the afternoon. 5 hours of water later full again

Sunday painted the shed, had to go buy more, needed 4 gallons , very thick paint. Went and bought 2 more gallons, applied. Now sitting on butt doing nothing! 3:34 pm lol

Stain
View attachment 165237
View attachment 165238
Paint

That shed looks so nice I'd live in it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had to re-join the bog/pond liners as a Louisiana Iris and a hibiscus had undermined the joint and I was losing water. This time, thanks to many recommendations here, I used that PL roofing goop and man does it work! And yes it is messy and I'm really glad someone advised me to wear gloves.
So I reworked the waterfall and I'm pretty pleased with it. It looks okay but it sounds even better :)

I also ordered some shubbies online and that was a little scary. I used a retailer that I'd never tried and the prices sounded good, their site seemed well put together so I went for it. I ordered them this morning and they'll arrive tomorrow :) Boy am I excited!

I ordered them from Toledo Goldfish fwiw. I'll keep you posted about their status.

I think I need a Margarita now :cool:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had to re-join the bog/pond liners as a Louisiana Iris and a hibiscus had undermined the joint and I was losing water. This time, thanks to many recommendations here, I used that PL roofing goop and man does it work! And yes it is messy and I'm really glad someone advised me to wear gloves.
So I reworked the waterfall and I'm pretty pleased with it. It looks okay but it sounds even better :)

I also ordered some shubbies online and that was a little scary. I used a retailer that I'd never tried and the prices sounded good, their site seemed well put together so I went for it. I ordered them this morning and they'll arrive tomorrow :) Boy am I excited!

I ordered them from Toledo Goldfish fwiw. I'll keep you posted about their status.

I think I need a Margarita now :cool:
Please let us know how the fish shipping goes and if any die now or in the near future. thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Please let us know how the fish shipping goes and if any die now or in the near future. thanks
28 hours after I ordered them, they arrived! In a nice double bag, with an ice pack and a styrofoam lined box. Nicely done. Not a single floater - they all looked good. I'll keep you posted on their progress.
20240827_115205.jpg

Attachments

• 20240827_111039.jpg
    20240827_111039.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 4

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 , shed is really nice looking ! Good luck at caregivers class, I'm sure it isn't easy.
It helps in a way, meeting some great people. Getting good contacts
I am not as bad off as a lot of them, yet.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
28 hours after I ordered them, they arrived! In a nice double bag, with an ice pack and a styrofoam lined box. Nicely done. Not a single floater - they all looked good. I'll keep you posted on their progress. View attachment 165270
Nice how many are there in the bucket? Too lazy to count. Looks like some of the white and blue, they were called ghost shubbies when I got them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nice how many are there in the bucket? Too lazy to count. Looks like some of the white and blue, they were called ghost shubbies when I got them
Supposed to be 25, I tried counting but zoom zoom zoom.

I've only seen one solid color so far, but it was actually orange on top and a white belly. They didn't have a special name for them.

I let them relax today, didn't expect much activity but they started grazing the algae and cruising around. So I offered a bit of food and once they figured out what it was ( no doubt it looked different than what they were used to) they got busy with it.
Here's a little vid:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Supposed to be 25, I tried counting but zoom zoom zoom.

I've only seen one solid color so far, but it was actually orange on top and a white belly. They didn't have a special name for them.

I let them relax today, didn't expect much activity but they started grazing the algae and cruising around. So I offered a bit of food and once they figured out what it was ( no doubt it looked different than what they were used to) they got busy with it.
Here's a little vid:
Very nice looking fish and some w/nice long flowing tails!

Ask a Question