What does your pond look like ... Today?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
He was hysterical. Ran into my glass door twice. I put a leash on him so he wouldn't go back in and all he did was roll over and start grunting. I've never had a bulldog but he made me laugh.
And j.w I didn't know they swam either. Like a flying bumblebee, he just didn't look like it was possible.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I used to watch that Ozzie Osbourne show on tv and they had a bulldog and she was so funny to watch. They let her swim in the pool but had to be right there w/her all time. She swam really bad. Lots of front leg splashing and snorting of the nose :LOL:

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
One of the last dragons of the year landed by me today. I'll miss them over the wet winter. :unsure:

image.jpg

image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very pretty! I still see them flying around, not as many as mid summer. We still have butterflies flying, flowers blooming, waiting for the hard freeze that stops them in their tracks.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted pictures. My schedule has been tied up and the summer as usual took it's toll and the organic matter and dirt turned the pond into a swamp AGAIN!

IMG_20141026_150601.jpg

I widened the stream a bit. My dad put his pitcher plant in to water it.

IMG_20141026_150804.jpg
Nothing new here. I changed the fountain nozzle. This one doesn't clog as easily and the outsplash is somewhat reduced.

IMG_20141026_150838.jpg

This is the former solar now DC powered fountain. Within the next few weeks I'm replacing this with a "better" solar fountain with LEDs and battery backup. Also has a better pump and more nozzle options.

IMG_20141026_150913.jpg
I drained the pond last week and washed the pebbles. We'll see how long they remain clean. Tropical plants have been moved to a temporary container until I get the indoor system fixed up.

IMG_20141026_150945.jpg

Duckweed disappeared. Surprised knowing how invasive it is. I added more stones and rocks around the fountain. I think It looks nice.

Ask a Question