What does your pond look like ... Today?

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
This isn't a view from our pond but from our driveway at sunrise yesterday (Sunday). A beautiful way to start the day!
image.jpg

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Since I'm rarely home because of college, I have to do my major pond chores when I get the chance. This weekend I put up a net to catch the fall leaves, as well as cut down and lowered my plants. I also added my new winter aerator. This way if it freezes while I'm away, all my dad has to do is pull my pump out and put the cow tank heater in. It seems so early to be doing this because of how warm it is outside, but it really could change at any time and I can't exactly make the three hour trip home on any given Wednesday or Thursday. Most of my weekends are way to busy with film shoots and plays and stuff too. So basically my pond is already winterized. Here's what it looks like today:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What's in your pond? Mine was full of swimming bulldog last night.
bulldog.JPG

Poor pup was lost so I brought him into the backyard planning on bringing him to my vet friend in the morning to check him for a chip and try to find his owners. Dopey oaf fell right into the pond... I did manage to haul his 80 pound short fat body out of the pond with no damage. He was a sweet goofy guy. Luckily my daughter and I decided to try and drive around the neighborhood to find his owners, and WE DID! He was happily reunited with his family and had a great adventure along the way. :happy:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
He's a cutie! Good thing you hauled him out. I've heard that breed doesn't normally swim too well in the long run. People put life vests on them when they are near water. Glad you found his owner :)

Ask a Question