What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Some call them Banana Palms but really they are not palms. I would think you can grow real palms there pretty easy. Only the Chinese Palm and maybe a couple others will live here in our colder winters. We don't get too terribly cold tho for too long. Sometimes my Banana tree won't even die all the way to the ground and when that happens then in Summer it gets twice as big. Yep take in those pretty new ones you just bought when cold cuz it would be a shame to lose them.

Reaction score
What a difference with the color! And I spy a pumpkin also, is it real? To bad I'm not ready to decor the landscape around the pond cause fall stuff is just so pretty!!! Your bog looks great with your plants coming up and the rock work. There is a large rock in you path that looks just like one of my fav's here. I'll try to find a pic but I have put all my rocks away for the winter!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well we got your storm then Big Lou. It was weird. One minute all pretty and cloudy then the wind picked up and buckets of water fell... an hour later it was gone. Glad you didn't lost power.
And Lisaebetten, thanks!! Not a real pumpkin yet, getting a few this weekend. And I have to help with the fall stuff since we don't get much of a color change here.
You put your rocks away for the winter?? Isn't that like hiding all your toys?? I am possibly going rock shopping again this weekend.. I wonder what the 10 steps are for rock anonymous... I also wonder if the 10 steps are MADE of rock...

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Sunny here this morning. :geek:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
I like to see the rocks wet as it bring out their colors. Red or purple rocks are the best looking in my pond but they are hard to come by. I'll be thinking of the fun you'll be having. Just wait until you go on vaca some where are your scoping the rocks out deciding which to take home. I nabbed some from Niagara. Hubby and boys said I hit Rock bottom stealing from a National Park!

Reaction score
Can you please come to my stream and throw some rocks on my waterfall? Every time I do I don't like the look and take it down. Oh, how much evap do you think you get in a 2 week time? Just pleasant type weather, no wind, not over 85? I lose about 1" a hope it is to evap and water fall splash.

Reaction score
hahahaha
My girlfriends daughter brought me home a rock from Mount Olympus in Greece. I like to think I have a little of the gods now living at my pond.
Yeah I got a rock... From Greece.. If that doesn't show you how bad I am, nothing will. :smuggrin:
Good your spreading the addiction. My neighbor kids love coming over and going thru my stash. I share but it's hard to let go. Hoarder issues I'm conquering!

Ask a Question