What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There was 30 wild turkeys around the pond this morning. They have been visiting at least twice a day for 3 days now. My wife said one flew up into one of our apple trees. I told her she would have to slide open the living room window and give em a shout, if that happens again. A 30 b bird might snap one of the branches off. And here I thought a 4 strand fence would protect them from wildlife. lol

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There was 30 wild turkeys around the pond this morning. They have been visiting at least twice a day for 3 days now. My wife said one flew up into one of our apple trees. I told her she would have to slide open the living room window and give em a shout, if that happens again. A 30 b bird might snap one of the branches off. And here I thought a 4 strand fence would protect them from wildlife. lol
They must be fattening up for Thanksgiving, Mike. Fresh turkey and apple pie sounds delicious!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see turkeys out in the field, they have never ventured up near our house though, and we have tons of apples falling. That would be neat to see.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I went to Lowes yesterday and got these 2 red palm for $5 each and a bunch of flowers for $1 each. I have 2 of them planted in sissy socks at the edge. I love the greenery around the wall of the pond and am tickled with these palms. I had them up-lit last night with some solar lights and they look like flames. So pretty. Now to pot them.
32.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
So I went to Lowes yesterday and got these 2 red palm for $5 each and a bunch of flowers for $1 each. I have 2 of them planted in sissy socks at the edge. I love the greenery around the wall of the pond and am tickled with these palms. I had them up-lit last night with some solar lights and they look like flames. So pretty. Now to pot them.
View attachment 76080
It all looks awesome, @tbendl. My wife loves it when I wear her sissy socks. Those socks and our new "vodka pond treatment", influenced by posts from @mariobrothersleeve, have really spiced up our love life. Our version of the treatment involves consuming vodka by the pond while wearing sissy socks... Bam! Google that! :cool:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm not sure j.w. I have palms like you do and they completely died this last winter but came back this summer. If we get any really hard freezes or cold weather I will probably drag them into the sun room. I have most of my back fence planted with potted plants for the first time, (I did them this spring) so I guess I need to figure out what to do with them. I'm a total newbie with this gardening thing as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You talking about the Banana tree on your fence. Not a palm and my banana's die too but my Chinese Windmill Palm does not die to the ground. Have some Mexican Fan Palms that if they stayed out all winter they would die for sure. The Chinese one is hardy here.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I thought a banana tree was a type of palm... lol See that's how much I know. I assumed all broad leafed stalky growy things were a type of palm... I do have some other palm trees on the property, (I'll have to take pictures and see). Everything died last winter but the most I can do for the potted stuff is get it out of the weather and cross my fingers it lives.

Ask a Question