What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Fall is definitely here.

IMG_7896.jpg

Its making itself known by the yellowing of plants.
IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7913.jpg

and fewer lily blooms.
IMG_7900.jpg

and flocks of geese flying over every few minutes.
IMG_7899.png

Sure, the bog is still in good shape.
IMG_7902.jpg

and some flowers are still blooming
IMG_7903.jpg

but the sun is starting to get lower and casts a shadow over the pond by 4pm.
IMG_7908.jpg

and if that wasn't enough evidence that Fall has arrived, the tree across the street certainly is. It puts on a show every year. The contrast between green and orange/red is amazing.
IMG_7894.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Troutredds neat shot through the spidey webb and you have sparkling clear water just like a wild stream/pond would have and I can see the trout quite nicely.

@JBtheExplorer such pretty colors and signs of Fall. I love when the geese fly over our property and honk. Love everything about the Fall except the rain unless it is doing it just at night.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer such pretty colors and signs of Fall. I love when the geese fly over our property and honk. Love everything about the Fall except the rain unless it is doing it just at night.

Early fall is one of my favorite times of year, but by mid-fall its cold and the beginning of something miserable. We've had some near perfect weather over the past week; 70s and sunny every day. I know its only a matter of time before this beautiful streak snaps though. I've got a camping trip planned right around peak fall color time so I'm hoping it's not too cold then.

Reaction score
Fall is definitely here.

View attachment 75897

Its making itself known by the yellowing of plants.
View attachment 75900
View attachment 75905

and fewer lily blooms.
View attachment 75899

and flocks of geese flying over every few minutes.
View attachment 75898

Sure, the bog is still in good shape.
View attachment 75901
and some flowers are still blooming
View attachment 75902

but the sun is starting to get lower and casts a shadow over the pond by 4pm.
View attachment 75904

and if that wasn't enough evidence that Fall has arrived, the tree across the street certainly is. It puts on a show every year. The contrast between green and orange/red is amazing.
View attachment 75906
Such a pretty pond!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Early fall is one of my favorite times of year, but by mid-fall its cold and the beginning of something miserable. We've had some near perfect weather over the past week; 70s and sunny every day. I know its only a matter of time before this beautiful streak snaps though. I've got a camping trip planned right around peak fall color time so I'm hoping it's not too cold then.
It's my favorite time of the year here too, in the Northwest. We usually have sunny days and nights are generally in the fifties until late October, when the rain starts again... with a slow drizzle until June or so... :sick:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All your plants look so nice JB. I bet you will miss them all this winter but they will be back! Or maybe some of them don't even die to their roots?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
jb what is the plant in the foreground? It looks like a bamboo. Is that rush? And FYI it gorgeous. I love the log in there

Yep, it's Horsetail Rush (EZpond brand). One of my favorite plants, and the first plant I ever bought for my pond. Spreads a little quicker than anything else in my bog but so far easily maintainable.

I bought it because I liked its bamboo-like appearance. It also gets really interesting tips on the older stems.
DSCN1879.png

Ask a Question