What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Groomed? I can't even figure out where to start. Made the mistake of putting pennywort in there and it has spread like wild fire .I put one small handful in and now the entire bog is overrun!
All of my pennywort died over this last winter. Not one sprig came back.

Beautiful pond Jeff!

Creeping jenny does a great job, floats in the water, lives in the bog, creeps across the ground. And looks great.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Creeping jenny does a great job, floats in the water, lives in the bog, creeps across the ground. And looks great.

Does Creeping Jenny get out of control or is it something that is controllable? I can't help but to wonder if It would look good in my bog and somehow tucked in my waterfall.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I let it grow on my rocks next to the pond and crawl in the water but will never put it in my gardens again! It was horrible to try and remove but I just kept digging it out and it's been gone from there for years now. If me I would not put into a bog............it will take over! I can control it by the pond rocks and am ready to clip it off when it crawls too far over the rocks on the soil/grass sides.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would you like some of mine? maad the mistake of putting some in my English garden which is now my veggie garden and even round-up won't kill it!

nah I have enough stuff growing. I have let water mint grow a few places, the bees love it, blooming right now.
Does Creeping Jenny get out of control or is it something that is controllable? I can't help but to wonder if It would look good in my bog and somehow tucked in my waterfall.

It pulls up real easy. Out of streams ponds etc. Dirt a little tougher. A touch of round up and it is gone.

Reaction score
I do everything myself lol...
I carried a million rocks this past two weeks. Then because i can never relax...i take half the rocks down and redesign the waterfall last night with a work light in the dark haha
O.k. you Jeff's are confusing me!!! Oh I keep redoing my waterfall and my husband can't stand to watch me. I don't want to foam anything until I have what I see in my head! Honestly the plastic falls box is doing the job for now. I will wait until next spring as I built my pond by myself and I'm tired now that it's running and ready for winter.

Reaction score
Very nice ponds Jeff Z and Jeff K :)

Lisa nice to finally see pics of your pond! Nice job!

I really need to get into the pond and groom the lilies. Water was about 58F last weekend so waiting for it to warm up a little this week. Will get in there this weekend!
View attachment 75589
A couple of my pond critters. Can you find the toad?
View attachment 75590
View attachment 75591
Thanks, I will work on a build thread one of these winter days when I have nothing else to do. I have all the pics in one file on my computer so it shouldn't be to hard. I am not finishing off the landscaping until next year. I'm am ponded out and want my life back, it really sucked the life almost out of me. Hardest job I have ever done and won't do it this way again!!!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lisaebetten it sounds like you need a hug and a glass of wine. :) Take a break. It is supposed to be fun. Every time I get overwhelmed I try to stop and just appreciate all that I've done and you have done a wonderful job so far. And it's like childbirth, you'll forget how much it hurt and want to do it again in a few years. LOL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't get too frustrated with it. Just relax and plan properly. Educate yourself through these next few colder months...and then when the spring begins, you start new and execute your plans. You will love it when you succeed. I promise you.

Reaction score
Don't get too frustrated with it. Just relax and plan properly. Educate yourself through these next few colder months...and then when the spring begins, you start new and execute your plans. You will love it when you succeed. I promise you.
Yea I plan to scout landscape designs and a DIY 12" water spill project over the winter. I am going to widen my stream and it's all I can do not start digging now! Plus it's time to start my tennis league!

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Nice Autumn morning here today. The first shot is a spider's eye view of the head of our stream.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ask a Question