What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I save my plant pots and some grocery bags to put on my plants in case of frost a rock holds them down .The handles on the grocery bags are great if you have some landscape staples to put in each handle .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful ferns and plants, fish and love it all JB! I didn't know you could do that w/ Lavender pieces either............what a deal (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures! Now I wanna go work by the pond and get something done. Too bad I'm at work......I do have Thursday and Friday off though. I plan to work on my pond and then I will post some pictures :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
want to work on my pond but way to many things to do .Yard ,house work and making hubby a meal so get few minutes here and there .I have to stop and rest once in awhile .Trying to get all the odds and ends stuff done but seems the more i do the more things need done .It is a circle

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
today..............
DSC07096.JPG
DSC07095.JPG
DSC07094.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks Fishy and Steal away and hope you find one. You might ask for one on Freecycle.org and get lucky. Love that Spiderwort plant and your kitty thanks you for providing him with such a nice napping spot :cat:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Addy you have so many plants in bloom and so pretty. You really worked your butt off on that property of yours. Do you have room for anymore? I love the cute little be'be' bunnies. We have a bunny here who I'm sure has a nest somewhere, maybe under our woodshed as it's always hanging around out there. I blocked the underneath of it off so the cats can't get under there. Got to give the bunnies a chance :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy you have so many plants in bloom and so pretty. You really worked your butt off on that property of yours. Do you have room for anymore? I love the cute little be'be' bunnies. We have a bunny here who I'm sure has a nest somewhere, maybe under our woodshed as it's always hanging around out there. I blocked the underneath of it off so the cats can't get under there. Got to give the bunnies a chance :)
Got another 2 acres I could fill with plants, more or less lol. Honey told me to convert some of the back field to wildflowers, but that will be a next year if done project, need to kill off the grass and put out seed in the fall.
Those little ones are so cute, missy does her best to catch them, she probably could if we let her off leash, she is darn fast and a good hunter.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh if you fill that back part w/wildflowers I hope you don't have to weed it and can just let it do it's thing. That would look so pretty and be wonderful for your bees.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would put the wildflowers sort of in the center of the field. That way you can mow back the brambles, honey suckle, etc. I use my mower to cut back the current wildflower fields in the fall, it can easily take down 3 foot high dried stuff, I just have to save all the praying mantis nests I find. Relocation services.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I can see you out there now picking off thousands of mantis nests now! Neat that you can just mow them down in the fall. Then do they just regrow or do you have to reseed each year?

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Due to an accident with my tablet which is what I took photos with I won't be posting any more photos until either I get the tablet fixed or some other camera equipt device
. Sorry guys. :( Very sad.

Ask a Question