What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I finally got the small pond covered.
cover1.jpg

cover2.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do you find it helps keep the pond water warmer .I am only going to cover a little over half my pond,I figure if it helps I will try it . .Water temp as of today is 70 degrees .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I only plan on doing mine up to the bridge so i can still see the pond .I figure with the help of the heat from the septic tank and that it should keep the pond warmer .Right now pond water is at 70 degrees .At least maybe I will save money on not having to turn the pond heater on .Did you make your whole cover because that looks great .What kind of plastic is that also .I just bought 10 mill in a roll .I bought clear but wondering if black would be better .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
With the snow coming, I officially shut my pond down today. No more bog or waterfall :(

For those of you who use breathers...

Last year I had it at me 2' depth, which worked, but I was a little nervous about leaves since the pump was sitting on the shelf. This year I'm thinking about putting it in the 3.5' depth, so it can hang in the water. It'll also be hanging right above where my fish/frogs will likely spend their winter. Is that a good spot to put it? I would love some input.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
With the snow coming, I officially shut my pond down today. No more bog or waterfall :(

For those of you who use breathers...

Last year I had it at me 2' depth, which worked, but I was a little nervous about leaves since the pump was sitting on the shelf. This year I'm thinking about putting it in the 3.5' depth, so it can hang in the water. It'll also be hanging right above where my fish/frogs will likely spend their winter. Is that a good spot to put it? I would love some input.

I've had both my breathers running for a while now and before the pond was ice covered, there were lots of rosy red minnow fry swimming right next to the pump cage with no problems.
It didn't look like they were fighting any current or anything like that.

Ask a Question