What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That taro is fantastic! I grew the "Coffee Cup" variety in my container pond this year. Taro plants of all varieties are so fun!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The end of the season is near. (n)
IMG_4377 copy.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I like to think of fall as a chance to rest, from all the hard work gardening, and now the plants and fish can slowly slip into a nice deep sleep, while dreaming, fat juicy bugs dance in their heads. All winter the plants are secretly plotting to take over more space, and their roots will be vibrant and re-energized come spring! All good things must have a long winter rest.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love your arbor rebel and my taro out back grew better than the ones out front by the pond .I have mine mixed with the green ones

Attachments

• pond after all this rain  sept.26 -15 007.JPG
    pond after all this rain sept.26 -15 007.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 120

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I like to think of fall as a chance to rest, from all the hard work gardening,

Rest?! Fall is the best season to garden! It's a great time of year to move plants around, and soon I can spread my seeds. :D

I got a lot done in my garden today. I finished my new vegetable garden section. All of the bare dirt is where that will be. There won't too much in it. I plan on native strawberries, blueberries, a couple tomato plants, peas for the fish, and maybe I'll try pumpkins.

I also moved my fire pit closer to the garden. It used to be back about 20', next to the pine tree with the open bottom.

On top of that, I began adding another 8' x 6' of native garden! That will bring the native garden to exactly 200 sq. ft.!

IMG_4378 copy.jpg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So these don't look like much BUT the 2 pots hold treasure! The top one is a night blooming lily from Nepen and the bottom pot has that spectacular purple lily from Addy. I am hoping both survive the winter. I'm soooo tickled with these additions. Treasure!! Hehe The second picture is a few flowers getting ready to pop. Fingers crossed they bloom this weekend while I'm home.
IMG_4048.JPG
IMG_4049.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
says it all poor banana plants

Attachments